Alcohol, we love it

Options
Hello

What does everyone drink then? I'd like to know.

For my sins, i love a pint of real ale, a lot of pints of real ale really, anything up to eight or nine,

I do like drinking, but i do need to lose weight as well, and i do stick to the goals and exercise.

But as i say, i do like a drink,

So what's the best drink, calorie wise? I'd love to hear your opinions.

Replies

• SGrensberg
    Options
    I would like to know this also. I drink red wine myself. Usually about 2-3 glasses at a time. But only about once a week or so. Anyways, I would like to know if there is a "diet" friendly drink out there!
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I love my merlot.... but I add it into my dairy and work for it by burning cals before and after - also I will drink lots and lots of water the next day

But when I was on vacation I drank vodka and seltzer with lime..... low in cals
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Ciders such as Reds, Hunters Gold...Also a fan of liquers and Amarula.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
    Jack Daniels
    Travis Hasse Apple Pie
    My homemade Mango Tequila
    Absinthe
    Pinot Grigio

Not all great calorie choices, but they're my favorite, so I make room for them!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I drink wine, far too much of it, to be honest, but only at the weekends, and I exercise a lot to make up for it.
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I drink wine, far too much of it, to be honest, but only at the weekends, and I exercise a lot to make up for it.
    me too......
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I drink one night each weekend, normal a glass of wine and then spirits and mixers. I was REALLY freaked out when I started doing this but I drink a lot of water in between and eat clean/'long run the next day and it definitely hasn't hindered my weight loss. Also I dance like a mofo when I'm out so maybe that helps :P
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink wine and let Zumba take care of the calories.
  • sunanmoon75
    Options
    I love beer, Blue Moon is my fave but I've been drinking a pt of Lite at night (we have a kegorator) I add it into my food diary
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, you shouldn't miss out on the drinks you love because of the calories. Just work your *kitten* off and burn the calories before drinking. Well that's what I do at least. It makes ne happy lol
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    RUM- cheap Parrot bay rum is 66 cals. I use it with coke zero OR with crystal light fruit punch- don't knock it till you try it ;)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I drink dry white wine every nite and count it in with my cals for the day.

Lambrini lite wine is only around 50 cals a glass :-)
  • Leigh_Larson
    Options
    Captain Morgan and Diet Coke, not very often though.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet mountain dew is my drink of choice :-)
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I usually get vodka cranberry. I like them, but I would totally prefer something higher in calories!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet tonic....I am pretty sure vodka has the least calories, sometimes I drink gin and diet tonic
  • 4cookiesmom
    Options
    me too......
    me three...
  • daniela3264352
    Options
    The 'best' alcoholic drinks as such are the ones that don't have much sugar in the mixer. Wine isn't overly high in calories on the scale of things (some alcoholic cocktails can have 800 calories a serve) but vodka or gin mixed with zero calorie soda water and maybe a squeeze of lemon for flavour is only 70 calories a drink. That's what I have in the weekend :)

70 cal is my estimate anyway, i have about 30ml...think a 'standard' 25ml shot has just over 50 cal
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wine is one of the best things for you, due to the antioxidents and "resveratrol".
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Lo carb options are rum and diets. I am a huge beer fan, prefer IPA's. They are not diet friendly however. I have gone with the Ultra's but man, they leave a lot to be desired. I stick to Miller Lite. I read something in Mens Health that said alcohol can hut weight loss as the body attacks the alcohol as it believes it is poison and shuts down digestion of everything else until it deals with the alcohol. Or something similar to that.