different calorie recommendation here and on sparks?

Options
Hi everyone,

Are any of you using sparkpeople as well?

I just joined to see a comparison and with the same details, its given me a daily calorie intake of between 1500 - 1850 a day. MFP says 1200.

Goal is to lose 5kgs in 5weeks.

Any idea why this could be?

Thanks!

Replies

• hazelmae123
    hazelmae123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would expect they are just using different criteria for their calculations. In my experience most caloric budgets based off recommendations are too high. I think we eat too much and take in too many calories in general. I think MFP is probably more accurate for weight reduction and maybe a little more realistic in how much people actually need vs. govt. standards. Just my two cents.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    yeah, i'd prefer to stick to this one rather than find myself putting on weight!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    they work differently... choose one and stick to it...
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    Just checked it out. It seems they give you a range depending on how fast or slow you want to lose it. When you join it has a date you will have lost it by. I changed mine from May to January and it gave me the same as here. That gave me two pounds a week which is the same as here also. I don''t care for the page over there its too busy. Also don't be surprised if this thread gets deleted as we aren't supposed to be mentioning competitors on here. I know you had a legitimate question, but I had never heard about SP until you brought it up and I went and checked it out..............