Over 50, 200lbs to lose. Anyone in same boat?

Options
Some days I feel like my ship is sinking. :grumble:

When I started this journey I had 227lbs to lose. I was down 30 and then gained 3 back. Anyhow, about 6 weeks ago, I started working with a trainer and counting calories. I had lost 8 lbs but gained 3 in the last 2 weeks. I am trying not to get discouraged. I know I am moving more than I have in the last 20 yrs. I work out 1 hour a week with my trainer and then do 2 or 3 - one hour exercise groups a week as well. I have cut my calories from my pre-trainer average of 2,800-3,500 a day, I would guess, to 1,700-1900 a day. I do not eat exercise calories. Some say I am eating too much, some say too little. Tuesday I started calorie cycling to see if this helps jolt my system into action.

I am not going to quit as I cannot take being this size anymore.

How are others in my boat coping and doing it?

I want this ship to sail, any tips would be welcome! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ayndelady
    Options
    I am not over 50, I'm 38, and I have 130 pounds i need to lose.

I am setting mini goals. 5 lbs. at a time. My calories are set for 1330 a day. I am battleing hunger pangs but I think it's jsut my brain telling my body it's hungry because I like to eat. A lot. :D

At least you are tweaking to see what works for you. You are not giving up and that is something. You can do it!
  • MsKathleen
    Options
    I am over 50 (55 to be exact) and need to lose at least 60 lbs ... This is my second go around and this time I HAVE to stick with it. I was down to 184 then zoomed back up to 207.... My daughter Tara has lost 60 lbs after have two babies and is my inspiration. I didn't gain weight until I was over 40 and my thyroid (and appetite) went a bit wacko. I also have bad back so must get this weight off.

You guys are an inspiration... ! :smile:

4829570.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools