5'2" Goal weight and starting weight

Options

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and started at 172lbs.

I hold a lot of muscle, and I like a little extra padding. Right now I weigh 147 and my goal is 130. Once I get there I'll see if I like it or not!
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'2". My heaviest was 174 and I am currently at 130. I weighed 130-135 all through high school. I am determined to get to 125 with an ultimate goal of 120 (115 hopefully). I really want to be a comfortable size 4 so that will be the true goal, not the scale. I think I wore a size 4 in 8th grade lol.
  • emilyajones
    Options
    Im 5 foot 1, start weight was 158 and inital goal is 133 then 126 and maintaining :)
  • bellaxero
    Options
    Im 5'1 and i started at 164 my goal weight is around 115-125 i have a medium frame, and im hippy as well =]
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently 165. I would like to get down to 135 (skinniest I've ever been), but would be totally fine with 140-145. Although that might sound light for someone who is 5'9, I promise you it fits my frame well! At 165, I am VERY hippy and wear a size 10. At 135, I am a size 6.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm like you, 5'2"+, but I usually say 5'3". I have a pretty large frame and a very large ribcage (thanks, Dad!) I started MFP at 138 with a goal of 120. I'm at 124.6 as of this morning and am starting to think that 120 might not cut it but we'll see when I get there. I'm actually pretty happy where I am now compared to where I started but want to lose some more of the jiggliness.
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    my goal weight is 135-145 :)
    i have medium size bone structure but my hips are sooo big!
    so i get what you mean lol. i might stop at 150 too if i look too weird!
  • Twister19
    Twister19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have a really small frame. I started at 135 and I'm about 132 right now and I would like to be around 115. Before MFP I was pushing 150. It has taken me sooo long to break the 135 plateau!!
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    5'3", medium/average frame, weighed in a little over a week ago at 133 lbs. and have an end goal of 120 lbs. My best "fighting weight" was 15 years ago at 105 ... I'm realistic enough to realize I ain't gettin' back there. Too many age-related changes to the ole body. ;)
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Im 5.3 and started out at about 180lbish ( after my son was born) and now down to 151lb, Im aiming for around 140 lb which is the highter end of the " healthy weight scale" and Im going to reassess from there, my my lowest i want to be is around 135 as I dont want to go daft. I already have had a few NSV s regarding people saying I look great as I am now, ive dropped a dress size and fitter. I have also had a few ppl sayin to be careful too, which is lovely, cos i know they care enough for me to support me but dont want me to go too far. :D

Good luck on ur journey sweet.. and dont forget, self esteem also comes into play on this journey xx
  • alc7181
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and started at 186. I'm currently down to 151 and looking to get to 136.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"+, but I usually say 5'3". Interesting to see the wide variety of goals. I would love to be 130, but may settle for 140, which would get me (just) into the healthy BMI range.
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (and 3/4"!!) and I started at 180, my Doctor's goal for me is 120. I thought I was medium to large boned, she asked me "were you medium to large boned in high school?" Of course not! Well, the bones don't get bigger after high school, so she set my initial goal at 120 and will reassess from there. I encourage you to partner with your doctor, mine follows my progress here.
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    Started at 198, am down to 188 and hope to get to 130-140...and I am 5'3
  • redhead91
    Options
    5'3" and my goal weight is 150. I might go lower than that, but, only to 145. I have a very large bone structure and I was told that I would look healthy at 150. I'm 169 right now...getting closer!

So what pant size are you in right now? I know it's different for everyone, but I am wondering what pant size I'll be able to get into.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3ish- my SW and GW are listed below- I would settle for somewhere between 130-150. I know that is a wide range but I don't remember being 150 pounds and when I get there I may like it. I will also see how I feel at that time, plus I know I shouldn't but will take other comments from family and friends into consideration once I reach that weight. If they think I have lost enough or they think I look sick now because of the way I look, that sort of thing. I don't want to settle on an actually number at this point. I may however change my mind as I get closer and closer to my utimate goal! Good luck to everyone!!!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", start weight of 178, currently 146, aiming for something in the region of 125 - 130.
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    Options
    Starting Weight 130lbs
    Weight I'm at now 119lbs
    Goal weight 110lbs
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    im 5'2 and want to get to 136-130 depending on how i feel once i get close . i started at 213
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0 and I am trying to get to 185. I have a really large frame and much lower than that I start looking weird. My starting weight is 235.