Obsessed? Does anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    I'm right there with you. I love saying.. "i just burned... xxx calories.. look at me getting skinny again" LOL
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    I feel ya!! I can maintain and love being "obsessed" with working out; it makes me feel so awesome and healthy. I think those who aren't trying to maintain healthy lifestyles puts down on those of us who are, so they won't feel like somethings wrong with them. My husband gradually came around. As I pointed out to him all he talks about is electricity,jobs and yada yada at work and his motorcycle. I talk about healthy lifestyle decisions, workouts, healthy physical day trips (canoeing/hiking). We talk about things we love. People love to play feed the fat kid game though so just be cautious of those trying to harm your goals and keep you down. Stay strong.
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    I don't think there is anything wrong with doing yoga or walking our bodies need to move everyday. We were made to move. Yoga might be good to stretch you out if you had an intense workout the day prior anyway.
  • I Need some of your enthusiasm!!! Im really struggling to be consistent. I rested yesterday because my body was really sore so I had the best of intentions today to get up and work out but totally didn't. I've already eaten my days wroth of calories and I''m feeling quite low about myself right now because of the lack of motivation. I plan on going to the Y in a bit but, not sure if I'm gonna or really what to do with my self once i'm there. So... like I said I need some of that enthusiasm, Teach me you ways :) lol

I am with you! I rested today and already i feel defeated, I think I am going to cheat for dinner:( I hope not but right now I am feeling like blah
  • I'm not obsessed enough. Help?
  • Thank you all for your replies. I ended up going for an easy 30 minute walk, successfully managed to avoid breaking into a run, and did a good deep stretching session at the end for about 15 minutes. At least now I feel like I have done something.. still got that urge to do a hard workout, but not as bad as earlier.

It is great to know that I am not the only one who feels this way. I am probably scared that if I don't keep it up I will fall back into my old ways, and there is no way that I am going to gain back those 200lbs I have lost. I think I am like many of you, an all or nothing person. As long as i am going hard I love it and will maintain it. As soon as I slack off, then I get more and more lazy.

I don't let it take over my life. I am a single mother, I maintain my responsibilities, I spend fun time with my son.. I go to work.. But why shouldn't I indulge in something I LOVE doing. I think my family will just have to come to terms with the fact that I am going to talk about it, the same as they talk about fishing, or work, or cars, or cooking.. whatever.. and also that while they might love sitting and watching TV for a certain amount of time every day, I would prefer to spend that time kicking *kitten* at the gym or the beach or at the park.. It is my unwind and stress release.. And the dogs certainly appreciate a good run!!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    I am obsessed as well. But it can be a good thing. Changed bad obsessions to healthy ones.
  • I am obsessed as well. But it can be a good thing. Changed bad obsessions to healthy ones.

I like that... 'Changed bad obsessions to healthy ones'. Works for me!!!
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    I am obsessed as well. But it can be a good thing. Changed bad obsessions to healthy ones.

I like that... 'Changed bad obsessions to healthy ones'. Works for me!!!

I love and agree with this!!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    I consider myself midly obsessed with exercise, especially calorie counting. I have the bodybugg which allows me to be more obsessive. There are days when I felt I haven't burn enough and I run in place, do jumping jacks, and others things to burn calories until I have the number I wish.
  • rydanip
    rydanip Posts: 62 Member
    I have to become "obsessed" with it...the workouts and eating healthy or I just won't do it. It's like there can't be an in between for me. I am either obsessed with it or don't care.

THIS TO A TEE DESCRIBES ME
  • renee474
    renee474 Posts: 58 Member
    I'm exactly the same way as the previous post. Weird!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    I have to become "obsessed" with it...the workouts and eating healthy or I just won't do it. It's like there can't be an in between for me. I am either obsessed with it or don't care.

I agree...I started just two weeks ago but in it for the long haul...besides there are a lot worse things to be obsessed about. :glasses:
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    I am a little concerned, particularly since family have commented about it, that I am becoming obsessed with exercise and the calorie burn.

If I don't exercise I feel wrong, and I think about working out allllll day long.. Today for me is meant to be a rest day, but I found myself looking at the gym timetable.. thinking about going to Yoga, thinking about doing a fast walk to the park, doing a jump rope, crunches, push up, plank circuit a few times then doing a fast walk back.. which would probably turn into a jog along the way.

I know I need to give my body time to recover, especially after a workout day like I had yesterday.. Arrrrrgh

I just want to get out there and run and jump and kick and punch and lift heavy things..

I guess maybe I am addicted to the endorphin high after a full on workout..

Oh, TOTALLY. I actually had to take about a week break since it was consuming me!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    I totally agree with the addiction to the feeling after the workout! I love the way I feel after running and I am soaking wet. Yes, I am exhuasted but have such a 'high' and relish it. I also have to agree about the pain as well....I ran 9 miles on Wednesday on a new trail, with way more hills than I am used to. I have not been sore from a run in over 4 months. I am SO going back today!!
    Glad to know I am not the only one:)
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    I feel like this too. I almost feel guilty if I don't exercise and stay under my calories for the day.. :)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    I actually just posted about something similar to this. I feel awful on days where I don;t feel I did enough. Heck I have been bed ridden sick as a dog thinking about how I should try and go biking! There is a thin line between being enthusiastic and being dangerous with yourself. :( Try to think of rest as a part of your working out, after all your muscles need time to rebuild or else all the cardio in the world won't do you any good,
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    I am totally obsessed! when I am eating baked chips, I count each one so I know exactly how many calories I have had. When I have a rest day I can't stand it either. I want to go run or bike or Something! My husband thinks I'm a nut.....so glad I'm not the only one. :smile:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    People used to comment on it when I first started. Not as much now because I have had great results.

Though now they say I am obsessed with exercise, I don't think that is a bad thing though :)
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Obsessed... Meal planning, shopping for food, reading about food and nutrition... and then more reading. Weights twice a day and cardio every day. If I am time poor I have 4 routines I can hack out to keep some inner calm. Name and address withheld.