Gainning weight

mbruce79
mbruce79 Posts: 9
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
Hello everyone

This is might be a stupid question but is there such a thing as a plateau for gainning weight. Not sure if there is or not and if so what can I do when and if I ever reach it.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Replies

• Hello everyone

This is might be a stupid question but is there such a thing as a plateau for gainning weight. Not sure if there is or not and if so what can I do when and if I ever reach it.

Thanks in advance

Matt
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    It depends on the type of weight.
    If you're just looking to put on anything, there's really no ceiling. You can gain fat relatively quickly and you will grow new fat cells if you need them.
    If you're looking to put on muscle, it's a slower process and requires more control. There are fewer calories in a lb of muscle than there are in a lb of fat, so it takes less to build it. When losing fat, you need a deficit of 500 cals a day, but to gain muscle, you need an excess of about 100 calories per day. It should come from clean foods and accompany a vigorous strength training program with plenty of rest--you grow when you're NOT in the gym.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    i'm sure there is !!

i think if you then change something to your plan, if its your workout, or eat more, of change your nutriment values (eat more or less carb, fat and protein). its a trial and error thing...

good luck !
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    I am sure there is I have had the rare friend that could not keep a healthy weight and had to eat constantly to just stay well. I have not had that problem though but if you ever do just let me know and you can take all you need from me! I'll try to package and ship it to ya! :wink: Good luck!
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
This discussion has been closed.