Emotional Moment- Biggest Loser

Options
This actually happened to me last week, and I finally shared it with my husband a few days ago. Tonights episode reminded me so I thought I'd share. (short disclaimer, I am a bona-fide "emotional robot" so keep in mind this is a big deal for me!)

Last week while I was watching there was a clip that was showed the Blonde Former Model on the Green team. This chick was working out in the gym and Jillian kept asking her over and over "Why are you here?" or something like that and she was pushing herself really hard and sweating and slobbering. I can totally relate to this because sometimes I do not want to exercise, but I do it. I just do it, and I push myself really hard and I find the strength from within.

Anyway, the girl answered "I'm saving MY LIFE"

I'm saving my life too :). That's why I make the right choice even when it's hard. This realization hit me hard and I burst into tears.

After that I quickly dried up as to protect my ' tough girl' exterior. LOL

Replies

• gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This actually happened to me last week, and I finally shared it with my husband a few days ago. Tonights episode reminded me so I thought I'd share. (short disclaimer, I am a bona-fide "emotional robot" so keep in mind this is a big deal for me!)

Last week while I was watching there was a clip that was showed the Blonde Former Model on the Green team. This chick was working out in the gym and Jillian kept asking her over and over "Why are you here?" or something like that and she was pushing herself really hard and sweating and slobbering. I can totally relate to this because sometimes I do not want to exercise, but I do it. I just do it, and I push myself really hard and I find the strength from within.

I'm saving my life too :). That's why I make the right choice even when it's hard. This realization hit me hard and I burst into tears.

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    A lot of things that have happened on here makes me wanna cry too. I also have that "tough" girl exterior! You have done great and already lost 60 pounds so yes you are saving your life!! That is awesome!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options

I Think that is awesome, thanks for sharing! That is what I am doing too. My mom and her mom (my grandma) and her dad (my great grandpa) are/have suffered w/ diabetes. It killed my great grandpa, is killing my greandma (she is on insulin and so does not take care of her health at all!) and I"m really hoping my mom can get it together, but I just don't know. IT HAS TO STOP HERE! My dad and his mom both suffer from high blood pressure, she has had 2 strokes and a heart attack. This is very serious. Lets face it, vanity plays a little bit of a role, we all want to look good. But saving our life, that should be an obvious one. Thanks again for making that important point.
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Thank you for sharing :happy: That is why I'm trying to get healthy as in my family their is diabetes and I sure don't want it. So getting healthy is so important to me. Looking good is a plus but health comes first. :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I'm SO proud of you!!! You rock girl!! I'm so glad you shared that....and thanks for sharing what the girl said after Jillian said that to her. I didn't hear her response... WOW! and what a response.

What an awesome thing you just did by sharing your experience, sure does make me think, as I imagine it will others as well.

You surely touched my heart tonight...thank you for that Hon!:flowerforyou:

ah and 60 lbs!!! WOO HOO!!! You go Girl...you are so close to your goal!!!!:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:

FC:heart: