Caffeine and Amino Acid Capsules?

Options
I was told to take a caffeine pill and 4-5 amino acid capsules before my cardio workouts in the morning. Does anyone else use either of these or know where I can find them without having to wait for online shipping?

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Probably at local supplement dispensaries such as GNC.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Who told you this, and why.

Caffeine dehydrates you, it can be useful if you have to go work out and you are really dragging *kitten*. But adding it to your workout routine seems unwise.

Some bodybuilders take BCAA's if they work out first thing in the morning to reduce catabolization of muscle.

Id say make sure you eat plenty of protein during the day and especially following a workout. and save the money for some new running shoes or something
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I got the advice from our health coach at work - who just happens to be an ex-body builder. Not that I'm trying to bulk up! But the added muscle will increase my metabolism.

The caffeine is for energy (i could probably go without it since I don't drink any caffeinated drinks right now). And the amino acids are supposed to protect my muscles so that i'm burning mostly fat during my cardio workouts.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    yup thats the idea. certainly won't hurt anything. I'm just unconvinced it will make much of a difference for the average person. And good quality supplements can eat a whole lot of money