Looking for a group

Options
Hi All!
I keep seeing these Challenge topics with Groups and am interested in joining one. It seems like such a great way to keep motivated. Are there any groups accepting members or is there one starting? Looking for a small group as it would be more personal and more of a support system.
Thanks,
Katie

Replies

• MarineWifey09
    Options
    Me too I am trying to lose 5 lbs by November 5th (I think thats the goal my profile has lol) so I am thinking 8-9 lbs by Christmas? Maybe we can start our own challenge, lol.
  • amandamcd77
    Options
    I'm looking for a group as well! I hope to find one!
  • Harleyboxer
    Harleyboxer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Message me if you get one going. I'd like to join a group to help with my weight loss motivation.
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    I also just logged in to MFP looking for a group to help me stay motivated! I would love to be involved with whatever forms.
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello, well there is one that I'm apart of that we're starting Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD, on Monday October 3rd.

Here's the link and a little explanation if anyone is interested we'd love to have you join us!

Here's the thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351707--ripped-in-october?page=2

*Bumping for more participation*

Yes, that means YOU! What's that you say...How can you participate?

I'm so glad you asked its SIMPLE....we haven't started yet, so there's still TIME!

#1 Just dust off or go get your copy of Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" DVD, you can find it in your closet underneath all those shoes...OR at Target, Wal-mart, Amazon, Ebay, collagevideo and the like.

We START on MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!

What else I gotta do MochaBlues??

#2 Next, its simple you just have to take your smart phone/camera, and look into a full length mirror and snap a picture of yourself.

What that' you say? You don't have a full length mirror? Don't fret, ....got a solution, go to the dressing room of any major department store, take your camera phone out and snap away. ( You know in front of that mirror that always makes you look stunning)

#3 Next take your measurements, i.e. waist, arm, legs, etc.

#4 Then, on MONDAY - OCTOBER 3rd , check in on this thread for day 1, and let us all KNOW how it went.
    (repeat step 4- at your pleasure over the next 30 days)

****IMPORTANT*** DO NOT SKIP over steps 2 & 3, these are important as they are EVIDENCE/PROOF that its working as the scale sometimes doesn't always reflect it, HOWEVER INCHES and pictures do!

What's that you say? You're worried about posting your pics? Don't worry....MochaBlues is NOT going to insist that you post your pics for anyone but yourself! The pics are for YOU to see just how far you've come along...when or if you start getting discouraged...(it happens)

Okay....let's get ready to rumble...MONDAY, OCTOBER 3rd will be here in NO TIME! Let's get RIPPED!!!!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Hello, well there is one that I'm apart of that we're starting Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD, on Monday October 3rd.

Here's the link and a little explanation if anyone is interested we'd love to have you join us!

Here's the thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351707--ripped-in-october?page=2

*Bumping for more participation*

Yes, that means YOU! What's that you say...How can you participate?

I'm so glad you asked its SIMPLE....we haven't started yet, so there's still TIME!

#1 Just dust off or go get your copy of Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" DVD, you can find it in your closet underneath all those shoes...OR at Target, Wal-mart, Amazon, Ebay, collagevideo and the like.

We START on MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!

What else I gotta do MochaBlues??

#2 Next, its simple you just have to take your smart phone/camera, and look into a full length mirror and snap a picture of yourself.

What that' you say? You don't have a full length mirror? Don't fret, ....got a solution, go to the dressing room of any major department store, take your camera phone out and snap away. ( You know in front of that mirror that always makes you look stunning)

#3 Next take your measurements, i.e. waist, arm, legs, etc.

#4 Then, on MONDAY - OCTOBER 3rd , check in on this thread for day 1, and let us all KNOW how it went.
    (repeat step 4- at your pleasure over the next 30 days)

****IMPORTANT*** DO NOT SKIP over steps 2 & 3, these are important as they are EVIDENCE/PROOF that its working as the scale sometimes doesn't always reflect it, HOWEVER INCHES and pictures do!

What's that you say? You're worried about posting your pics? Don't worry....MochaBlues is NOT going to insist that you post your pics for anyone but yourself! The pics are for YOU to see just how far you've come along...when or if you start getting discouraged...(it happens)

Okay....let's get ready to rumble...MONDAY, OCTOBER 3rd will be here in NO TIME! Let's get RIPPED!!!!

I want to join this one! I just need to go get a measuring tape and the DVD! Does her video require your own weights or other supplies?
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30, suggests starting out with 3 lb to 5lb dumbells / hand weights. :smile: