pretty new here and I haven't yet indroduced myself :)

Options
Hi everybody! I'm glad I found MFP!! It is an amazing site! I have lost 4lbs so far :) MFP says I have 1200 calories to consume in a day to lose 2lbs a week. I feel like I'm starving sometimes! Lol Does anyone else feel like that? So sometimes I have a hard time sticking to it :( I am looking for all the support I can get so feel free to add me as a friend. I am so aware now of what I eat which I never have been before. I don't even want to know how many calories I used to eat in a day. I gained 20lbs with my pregnancy 4 years ago, and just quit smoking a year ago and put on another 20. Quitting smoking was such a huge accomplishment for me I feel like I can do anything!

Replies

• pumpkin422001
    pumpkin422001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I saw your post and you and I are definitely heading in the right direction - keep it up!
  • itzmzbossladii2u
    Options
    Hi, Im Theresa and I am from Miami... I also have a 1220 calorie a day and YESSSSSSSS!!!I feel so hungry at times and dont understand it but I guess we arent alone..I dont know how to add friends so if you wanna add me feel free. I would be glad to have someone that is in the same boat as me... I am 248 and just starting out and found this 3 days ago...Nice to talk to you and look forward to talking to you again..:flowerforyou:
  • kellie182
    Options
    Hey yeah I am new to and from Aust so feel a lil left out round here but love the site!! Iam on 1200 cals but some days I wanna go hide on the couch and munch on anything I want lol but somedays I find it hard to reach the 1200.
  • foreverangel
    Options
    Hey :) I've been doing this quite a while now, but had a busy time of moving into to university student halls and found it hard to keep up with during freshers week! I'm back on it now though! You know the 1200 calories you say you can eat a day? Don't pay any attention to that, you want to look at your 'net' calories instead, that needs to be at 1200, not your 'food' calories, because obviously when you do exercise you burn off calories and then you can eat more :) instead of struggling and finding 1220 (which is my daily allowance) hard to stick to, it just encourages me to do more exercise! if you can think like that " the more I do, the more I can eat" then I think it makes it so much easier. And exercise doesn't having to be "slogging your guts out" in the gym for hours on end, it can be a nice walk for half an hour to an hour, but whenever you do a bit of walking during the day just add it in to MFP and it makes so much difference.

Feel free to add me! Hope this helps!
    Lauren.
  • itzmzbossladii2u
    Options
    Hi Heather I am new here also and just starting out. I never knew how many calories i took in until I got the app for my phone. I feel like it has opened my eyes and I am sort of feeling more control about what i eat and when I eat it.... Logging it in the diary is so cool. Well look forward to talking to you in the future. I dont know how to add friends yet, do you?
    Theresa from Miami