Why do you use MFP?

Options
Purely for the sake of curiosity, I was wondering today the reason people use this site.

I'm not after long explanations, but we all come here primarily for one thing, the other features are bonuses.

So...do you use it for:

1) The calorie counting.

2) The support.

3) The community in general

4) Something else

Myself, it's 1. Ofc i love the forums, but PRIMARILY its for keeping my calories in check. How about you?

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I use it for inspiration and support and for calorie counting.....before this I would always try to count them on paper....not so easy lol.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I love the community, and the calorie counting as well as to really remind me, hey- fatass- get up and move. I try to do at least something... And just seeing people's stuff in my feed really pumps me up to

I can do eeet.
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    calorie counting and the inspirational community!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    1 and 3 mostly.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the ticker. I stayed to count calories. Then got addicted to the community. :laugh:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    because i was using pen and paper, and really cheating. this is better.
  • Dating.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Because it's easy to stalk people....no really it was for the calorie counter and the first two times it sucked since I had no friends but then I got some friends so now it is just because the people on here keep me motivated!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    Purely for the sake of curiosity, I was wondering today the reason people use this site.

I'm not after long explanations, but we all come here primarily for one thing, the other features are bonuses.

So...do you use it for:

1) The calorie counting.

2) The support.

3) The community in general

4) Something else

Myself, it's 1. Ofc i love the forums, but PRIMARILY its for keeping my calories in check. How about you?

Yes to all of the above....
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    After using a number of other calorie tracking websites, this one has it all. calories and exercise tracking, community forums for support and the social "Friends" aspect that I REALLY appreciate. It's the whole package.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting!
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I use it for the calorie counter, which has opened my eyes to where this weight came from and the support to keep on the right track
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I use it for so many reasons. When I first started it was only for calorie counting. But, now I track all my food, exercise, and I regularly join challenges and make friends to keep me involved. the more I feel like others are watching, the better I do. :)
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Calorie tracking in conjunction with the amazing Iphone app. :-)
  • Ekmw
    Ekmw Posts: 8
    Options
    Keep track of: calories, protein, calcium, and fiber.
    Keep track of my exercises and foods.
    Support group.
    Inspiration.

I just started yesterday, but I actually feel better. It's like I can see my progress online. It's easier to use than pencil and paper.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Mainly for the calories - I love that I can use it on my phone OR my PC without having to 'download' info from/to each.

And it's a massive time-waster when I'm bored at work. That's a BIG plus.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Initially for tracking and logging my calories and exercise.:bigsmile:
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    1.calorie counting:keeps me honest.

2.support:best community of folks ever.

3.to learn from those who have "been there done that", they know what really works and will tell you the truth abt fad diets.

also it was here that l earned SLOW & STEADY wins the race, now i get it.
  • patsyacs
    patsyacs Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    For the calorie counter and exercise diary. It showed me how little I was eating some days. I am getting to a point where I can eat more some days but I still have to up my exercise too.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    calorie counting, entertainment, and mental *kitten*