Do you drink wine?

Options
124»

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I am. Wish I had a glass right now! Someone want to share a glass with me??
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I am. Wish I had a glass right now! Someone want to share a glass with me??
    Well, duh. I'll be right over.

I LOVE sangria. In fact, I think I could live on sangria. That counts, right?
  • troy_n
    troy_n Posts: 66
    Options
    Does tequila count? It's the Agave wine right?
  • ceyuh
    ceyuh Posts: 34
    Options
    Since joining MFP I've eliminated wine from my diet, but Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand is my favorite. 2006 was particulary good, in my opinion. Once I demonstrate to myself that I can maintain my goal weight I'll probably reintroduce it to my palate.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink wine if i do then its like lambrini or something not too keen on wine if im honest, i LOVE vodka! I could live on the stuff!!! I can drink it straight from the bottle, and sometimes i do half and half with coke or red bull :)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Only drink after about my fifth shot, at that point it could be any kind
  • mmelledge
    mmelledge Posts: 150
    Options
    I love pinot noir. And when I'm in a mood for something simple, Arbor Mist pomegranate berry pinot noir is yum.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I make my own wine. My favorite is Muscadine followed by Blueberry. I generally make 5 gallons at a time.

yum! i have always wanted to make my own!!!

jealoussssssssss :drinker:
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

tequila is nice!

if it counts, sure! lol. to each their own. tequila wine however could be quite gross.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Beringers Pinot Grigio is my fav!

But since someone posted a Skinny Margarita recipe, I mostly drink that now! ;)
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Love wine. If I could pick anything, I'd probably go for one of the famous vintages to say that I had tried it, but my favorite of the wines I've had is probably Veuve Clicquot champagne.
  • troy_n
    troy_n Posts: 66
    Options

tequila is nice!

if it counts, sure! lol. to each their own. tequila wine however could be quite gross.

Thanks for the reply, tequila is what I was drinking last night but as a wine it would probably be bad I agree! tptally different when you are sober!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Is Wine Good For You?
    There is a great deal to be said for "everything in moderation." While massive amounts of wine will definitely up your daily caloric intake, choosing a glass of healthier red wine each day isn't bad for you.

In recent years, studies began to immerge about the health benefits of wine, including cardiovascular system improvements and decreases in certain types of cancer. Of course, that doesn't mean to drink a bottle at a time. Despite the benefits, red wine calories range from 90 to 105 or more per glass. Those calories add up, and since wine is a beverage, you will be mostly consuming empty calories. Wine fans can, however, rest easy because the calories in your daily glass of wine will not wreck a healthy diet.

Ads by Google

Wine Diabetes Diabetes and alcohol - Do they Mix? Staying safe when drinking alcohol. www.dLife.com

Do I drink too much wine? Make 2010 the year you truly quit. Discover how our program can help. www.mywayout.org

Wine Sommelier Class Take A Class About Wine At The FCI And Learn What Sommeliers Know. www.frenchculinary.com

Benefits of Red Wine
    Red wine is made from red grapes, including the skins and seeds, providing plenty of antioxidants that offer health benefits. Researchers are looking at the effects that Mediterranean people who consume red wine experience, including lower rates of heart disease. Additional health gains include:

•Prevents blood vessel clotting
    •Increases HDL (good cholesterol)
    •Prevents formation of bad cholesterol (LDL)
    •Prevents heart disease
    •May prevent cancer
    •Aids with digestion
    •May protect the brain from the damage of a stroke
    The antioxidants, or flavonoids, are available in many types of red wine, but the highest flavonoid counts are in Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Syrah. Merlot and Zinfandel have less flavonoids. Additionally, the vitamins and minerals in red wine, as well as potassium and low sodium provide additional health benefits.

Medical Studies
    The latest study from the Harvard Medical School and National Institute of Aging looked at the effect of the resveratrol in red wine on a diet high in calories. Remarkably, early findings indicate that resveratrol contributed to overweight lab mice living a healthy life. Heavy doses of the extract provide significant benefits, lowering the rate of fat-related illnesses, diabetes and liver problems.

ZinfandelDetermining Red Wine Calories
    While the calorie count will vary among the different types of red wine, you can safely assume that you will be drinking about 100 calories in each serving. A serving of wine is four ounces, so be aware when pouring your wine. Those large wine glasses are beautiful, but remember not to overfill or you will be increasing the calorie load. Red wine calories are also impacted by alcohol content, with higher alcohol content equating to more calories. To make sure you're not drinking too many calories, use a measuring cup to determine what a four ounce serving looks like.

Wine for Weight Loss
    If you are concerned about your weight and finding ways to cut calories, you may want to consider limiting your wine intake until you reach your target weight. Once you reach that magic number, you can include the occasional glass of wine without too much guilt. If you are tracking your daily calories, visit a calorie counter for red wine to get the exact number.

Final Thoughts
    Based on the newest research about resveratrol, consumers shouldn't be misled into thinking they can drink massive amounts of red wine and reap nothing but benefits. The study involved lab mice who were given large quantities of the wine extract, and further research is necessary to explore the exact health benefits of resveratrol. The early results are exciting in the scientific community - the extract lowers the rate of liver problems, diabetes and other illnesses related to obesity.

COPIED FROM: http://wine.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Red_Wine_Calories
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love wine!!!!! Mostly like the more fruity ones, Sangria is my fav, but I also like a white merlot too.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Love, love, love wine!!!!! Mostly like the more fruity ones, Sangria is my fav, but I also like a white merlot too.
    YUMMMY!!