15 pounds down with a mini-victory!

Options
Hi there! I'm so excited about my success on here so far, I had to share a mini-victory I had today. To preface: I'm 5'2", and currently 117lbs, with a starting weight of 132lbs.

A few years ago, I was really happy with my weight (about 105-110) and had a few pair of jeans that I LIVED in and loved. As the weight gained, the jeans got tighter. Then it got to the point where I couldn't button them, and I hung them in the back of my closet, secretly hoping I'd wake up one day and they'd magically fit.

When I started on this site, I was pushing 140lbs, on a high dose of prednisone and felt so helpless and hopeless. I joined this site, changed my eating habits, and the weight slowly started to disappear.

A few weeks ago, I did some "closet shopping" and the jeans fit! They were a little snug, but I was so happy, I wore them anyway, muffin top and all. I continued eating a very healthy diet and maintaining a positive attitude, and the weight kept coming off. Today, I put the jeans on, and now they're loose!

This website really is such a great tool in weight loss and maintaining a healthy attitude. I'd like to thank everyone on my friends list for the amazing support I've gotten from each and every one of them. If I can do this, YOU CAN TOO! Feel free to add me!

Replies

• marinastanton
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so exciting! Fitting into clothes that you love is so reaffirming, especially when they are "magic!" :smile:
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Great job Sara!! That is a great victory. I'm still in the stage where my awesome jeans fit again but oh lord the muffin top is unbearable. Soon..... Anyway way to rock it :flowerforyou:
  • CONGRATS!!! Such an amazing feeling! :)
  • abg0220
    abg0220 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! And also motivation for me!! Thanks for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!