one free day a month?

Options
How bad is this....I exercise 6x a week 5 for 40 min 1for 30 or 20min.

I complete one month of dieting and exercising on tuesday and without my tuesday weight in i have lost 11lbs....

My plan to not get completely annoyed at life is 1 free day a month where i indulge today was the day, which also happens to be my off exercise day and I basically went over 260 calories .....

How horrible is this in my long term goal?
having a free day I mean

Replies

• it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Possibly highly beneficial. If it means you stick with your diet long term rather than ditching it after a few weeks, then having one off day per month where you eat 260 calories over is way better than having 30 off days per month where you eat who knows how many calories but probably too many.
  • nrzseltvay
    Options
    I completely agree! Sometimes we need to splurge a little and 1day is definitely better then 30 days off. The other good thing is, that you tracked and are ready to get back on!
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    If you went 260 calories over your goal, that means you still have a deficit overall though.... Right?

Still, recommend having a day off a month. It makes life that little bit yummier.
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If I count weekly calories Im fine lol,since every single exercise day my calorie intake allowance goes up alot and I still only eat 1200 so i come under I guess....

Is this what you meant?
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    you could do this more often then once a month...I do it once a week! I usually pick a saturday or sunday and not log my food...I don't go nuts with a bunch of crap, but I will eat more and enjoy it!!
  • lunaephiliac
    Options
    A splurge day for me can be completely essential. It's not necessary in the sense of overworking my willpower and losing control, but in the sense of not killing my metabolism. I tend to go under by a few hundred calories most days, and the occaisonal cheat day helps my metabolism keep moving.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    260 calories over one day a week or so is nothing to worry about. I go over quite often, but the next day I try to be under, maybe not as much as I was over, but under a little more than usual. I'm still losing.