Gained the weight back

This is the first time I've logged on in weeks. I've gained all the weight back and am struggling to get back into a routine. I'm so used to not watching what I eat and no exercising. I'm pretty overwhelmed. How do I get back into the mindset of working out and eating healthy? Help! :(

Replies

• :( Just take it one day at a time... Don't be too unrealistic in your goals, consider this a long term plan that you need to enjoy!
    Stick with it and make the choices that make you happy:) Good luck!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 486 Member
    set a small goal that is easy reach... like try to log in for a week, start going/ exercise two days a week.

Then increase your goals once you reach your current goals. :smile:
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    I'm right there with you! Sounds corny, but I made a list of reasons that I want to lose weight and posted it on my refrigerator... along with and extremely fit Nike model! Haha! I find watching documentaries and shows about eating healthy/weight loss also help me get back into the groove of things.
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    I am in the same boat - lost 18 pounds last year, 2 pounds from my goal weight, then I just stopped logging & excercising regularly. I keep trying to recommit, but I keep slipping up. I will say the short term goal is a good idea - I made a goal to excercise everyday during the month of august & was able to keep it. Friend me if you would like to share motivation with someone else who is struggling to get back with the program.
  • I agree with the others. Set mini goals. I set goals for myself every week. I don't accomplish every goal each week. But if I don't achieve my goal that week I set the same one the following week and a couple more. Eventually it becomes habit. And it makes it more fun. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Same boat, different paddle!
    I started in April, stuck with it a couple months and went from 256 down to 242...trying to get under 200.
    Work got busy and I could never seem to get home to get a healty meal so I did a lot of fast food and drive thru meals.
    At first I tried to be good, doing Taco Bell drive thru Diet, and cutting out the fries at the burger joints.
    But over the summer I was back into my old bad eating habits and gained back everything plus a few pounds.
    I started over again last week and I'm making progress, back down to 254 and more determined than ever!
    Weight loss gets harder as you get older, I'm just over 50 and my knees don't like the mile walk I do every morning but the dog sure enjoys it!