Do You Actually

Options
Or do you just shout "W2G" after each entry?

I've had a lot of girls my age who seem pretty fit add me lately, and I am wondering if they are in it as friend collectors or for the long haul. I need some pals who are going to chime in with real advice, criticism, praise now and then. I comment a ton, so I need friends who can back me up just as well.

Thoughts?

Replies

• mruszaj
    mruszaj Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yea i totally agree! I've had ppl add me as well and only a few ppl actually offer support. Im a big commentor and supporter as well, even if its just small goals! no goal is too small, i say. I'm just trying to lose 10 lbs, but hey, i need advice, criticism and encouragement too.

Totally feel ya chica !
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    haha, i was just thinking this. Its like "troll has logged in for 5 days in a row" and i get 30 wtg! Or when you're under your calorie goal (like you log cheezits and accidentally hit complete) and everyone congratulates you on only getting 50 calories. Ugh.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Not everyone wants criticism on their wall, but people love and appreciate the motivation. I ate a piece of cake today (trying to get rid of the giant cake in my refrigerator without wasting it) and while I know it's terrible for me, I only ate about 800 calories today, so it's not such a bad day. Now some people would criticize that 800 calories isn't healthy, but I have an over abundance of flab, so it's not a big deal. At any rate, I'd be happy to motivate and give praise, but I only give criticism when people actually point-blank ask for advice,
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I personally don't go in and read people's food logs unless specifically asked to. I am not the best when it comes to eating right, so I don't feel I should be critiquing others diets! I don't comment on everything, I comment when people actually say something and I see it, but other than that I don't go in and observe every little move somebody makes.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I support. I don't really criticize, as I am not a paid healthcare professional or nutritionist. I assume most of my friends have a base knowledge about like mine and don't need babysitting. I might be wrong (there's a really good chance of that).
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I know enough now about what i should be eating if i want to be healthy. Im not eating the things i do because i don't know any better, its purely because it's the only way to make this sustainable for me, which is the most important thing. I'm not prepared to give up 90% of the things i like just to feel 10% fitter. I want to be healthier, not healthy.

And that's why my food diary is private, and will remain so :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    yeah, its getting to me too... Im just glad my doctor recommended this site to help me on a new plan that is actually working for me. I dont need 'friends' to be honest as I dont think the inundated w2g, gj and nj do much for me anyways...
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I know enough now about what i should be eating if i want to be healthy. Im not eating the things i do because i don't know any better, its purely because it's the only way to make this sustainable for me, which is the most important thing. I'm not prepared to give up 90% of the things i like just to feel 10% fitter. I want to be healthier, not healthy.

And that's why my food diary is private, and will remain so :)

Amen.