Eating out of habit?

Options
Here it is almost midnight. I am in my calorie range. Done 50 minutes on the treadmill. Great start to the rest of my life right? Not hungry at all.... BUT I WANT FOOOD!!!!!! Why? I've had 10.5 cups of water today. It's about to come out my nose, so I am not thirsty.. How can I kick the habit of eating when I'm not hungry....

Will it just go away on it's on? :ohwell:

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    Options
    Here it is almost midnight. I am in my calorie range. Done 50 minutes on the treadmill. Great start to the rest of my life right? Not hungry at all.... BUT I WANT FOOOD!!!!!! Why? I've had 10.5 cups of water today. It's about to come out my nose, so I am not thirsty.. How can I kick the habit of eating when I'm not hungry....

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

You have to fight it this late at night. In the begining I was like this too. I ate when ever I wanted to and ended up over 200 pounds. I have learned to eat what I need to to keep myself full til the end of the night.
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your honesty. Habit smabit... What about tea? Yeah I know that it's still water. Hahaha
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    Thanks for your honesty. Habit smabit... What about tea? Yeah I know that it's still water. Hahaha

yeah liquids bleh.. Really thinking about it. I'm actually soo full, eating would make me feel sick.. Normally I would eat anyways though.. How messed up is that? I'm going to bed in just a bit.. Just gotta make it a little longer.. Then I can eat in the morning.. I did eat two small oranges earlier though.. I think that helped.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    The feeling will go away eventually. Or not. But you'll be able to control it better in time. You said you're not eating, but have the WANT to. If you can keep that up...the feeling will go away. I'm sure it takes longer to get out of a habit, then to start one. e proud of yourself for not eating everytime you feel that!!!

PS...try sugar free Jello when you DO induldge. :smile:
  • brocktaylor87
    brocktaylor87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    chew mint flavored sugar free gum... usually mint flavored things curve cravings... thats what I do when it gets late at night and I want to eat something, I pop in some spearmint gum, and then eating other things sounds gross to me because of the fresh mint flavor that I have in my mouth... hope that helps :)
  • jkilgrow
    Options
    One theory that I'm kicking around right now is how the hunger response in people who struggle with their weight is weak or, in some cases, non-existent. Personally, I've been in your same place. It has taken me a long time to train my mind to listen not to the psychological promptings to eat but the physical prompting to eat.

What sparked this was when I started to keep a journal (and then found this site and started keeping it there) about how I felt throughout the day both physically and mentally.

What I found, mainly, was that I had a very distinct difference between the hunger I felt after a workout and the hunger I felt after a few hours of not eating. I started paying attention to the physical type of hunger and ignored the psychological type of hunger.

Look at it this way, if you eat and you are still hungry, more food will probably not satisfy you. So, pay attention to how that hunger felt and next time around try to ignore it.

That's easier said than done. I know. But, just try to find something else to occupy your mind until the craving passes. Ummm....sex does WONDERS to curb this. Seriously....
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    One theory that I'm kicking around right now is how the hunger response in people who struggle with their weight is weak or, in some cases, non-existent. Personally, I've been in your same place. It has taken me a long time to train my mind to listen not to the psychological promptings to eat but the physical prompting to eat.

What sparked this was when I started to keep a journal (and then found this site and started keeping it there) about how I felt throughout the day both physically and mentally.

What I found, mainly, was that I had a very distinct difference between the hunger I felt after a workout and the hunger I felt after a few hours of not eating. I started paying attention to the physical type of hunger and ignored the psychological type of hunger.

Look at it this way, if you eat and you are still hungry, more food will probably not satisfy you. So, pay attention to how that hunger felt and next time around try to ignore it.

That's easier said than done. I know. But, just try to find something else to occupy your mind until the craving passes. Ummm....sex does WONDERS to curb this. Seriously....

I bet it does!! lol My husband is working crazy hours right now and trying to find a different job so he was in bed by 10 pm last night, so no late night nookie to curb my food cravings..