Like feeling ridiculous when you exercise?

Options
I just did the Crunch: Cardio Dance Blast on Netflix streaming. I felt completely ridiculous, but it was fun, and a good cardio workout. There isn't a lot of strength training involved though.
Just thought I would share. I definitely laughed at myself a lot.

Replies

• Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    I always feel awkward when I do those workout videos. After a while it starts to feel less wierd and you get into it. I have no rhythm or sense of beat so any step video or aerobic dance video is out of the question. I do more fumbling around then working out haha
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I just started doing Turbo Fire, it is realy quick paced! I have laughed alot!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I feel totally ridiculous! I'm so self conscious. It took ALL my willpower to go to Zumba for the first time last night, and not because of the workout itself. Tonight me and the kids were playing Just Dance 2 on Wii and I was mortified when I realized my dog had moved the curtain aside to look out the front window. :embarassed: I literally got mad at him for doing that! :laugh:
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I teach step aerobics, and sometimes the new people feel awkward, but I always tell them, "Nobody is paying attention to you unless you pass out or bleeding."
  • vbowman_morris
    vbowman_morris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I felt that way when I tried Zumba. My hubby said I looked like I was making up my own moves, because I was! I ended up trying the class to see if that helped, and no, sadly it didnt. I look spastic when I dance, so now I stick with kickboxing and bodypump...no dancing involved! Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself lol.
  • withtheband
    Options
    I feel like a moron on the elliptical in my basement. I couldn't imagine a video or a class.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thats why workout DVDs were invented! So we can be ridiculous at home and not make ourselves look silly in a class.
    I've been doing Turbo Jam for almost two years so I don't feel silly doing it anymore but I just started doing Turbo Fire and suddenly I remember how ridiculous I felt on that first day of Jammin'.
    It's so worth it though!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I did Hip Hop Abs a few times w/ my friend...hoooooo boy.