Girl questions....

Options
Ladies, what do you do during that time of the month.? I don't feel like moving let alone exercising... Plus my migraine is going on day 4 now. It is driving me insane. What do you do if durning that time of the month you don't want to do a thing?? And what do you do about the cravings? Granite this is only my 2nd week into the whole weight loss/ exercising thing, but What do? All I want to eat is Chocolate and I don't even really like it that much.

Thanks in advance for the advice ladies.

PS... I really think my prolonged migraines are from me, quitting smoking, starting to exercise, eatting better, and quitting caffiene all at once on the same day.

Replies

• shayk80
    shayk80 Posts: 56
    Options
    Ladies, what do you do during that time of the month.? I don't feel like moving let alone exercising... Plus my migraine is going on day 4 now. It is driving me insane. What do you do if durning that time of the month you don't want to do a thing?? And what do you do about the cravings? Granite this is only my 2nd week into the whole weight loss/ exercising thing, but What do? All I want to eat is Chocolate and I don't even really like it that much.

Thanks in advance for the advice ladies.

PS... I really think my prolonged migraines are from me, quitting smoking, starting to exercise, eatting better, and quitting caffiene all at once on the same day.
  • jkilgrow
    Options
    holy crap! don't start a revolution you can't win! i am all for getting healthy but you have to consider the long haul. i would say give in just a little. don't go hog wild and binge till you are sick. but, give your mind and your body a bit of a break now and then. i can just about guarantee that if you have a little chocolate your diet won't be totally derailed.

if you really want to stick to it, there are GREAT sugar-free chocolates on the market. Dove makes an amazing sugar-free dark chocolate candy that are wrapped in individual packages so that you are not tempted to "eat the whole thing just to get it out of the house". look for them in the candy aisle or where they sell diabetic foods in your grocery store.

if you are in the mood for ice cream (one of my vices), fat-free sugar-free jello pudding is a godsend! with a little whipping cream...yum!

there are ways to give in to your indulgences without getting off your diet. you just have to be a little more creative.
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    WALK! Go on long walks.
    I get really bad migraines, taking a walk in a relaxing area before the pain gets really bad helps. Sometimes that is enough to stop the process. Walks also help lessen the severity of symptoms that come with that time of month.
    Also, don't quit caffeine cold turkey. Go slowly with it.
    There are so many conflicting studies about whether caffiene is harmful or beneficial that I don't even see the need to eliminate it from my diet. The problem is if you are getting it from soda, or if you put a ton of cream and/or sugar in your coffee or tea.
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what the best advice is but it sounds like you are trying to make a lot of lifestyle changes at once. take it slow. As far as period stuff food not going to help it but my gym teacher always told us that exercizing actully makes the cramps less intence and told us to work through them. I would not allow too many extras right now as you have just started and I binge when i do that, if you can just eat alittle though and it helps go for it.
  • shayk80
    Options
    Thanks for the info ladies...

Now I have quit caffeine cold turkey all ready, it's been a week now, but I am dragging at work.. So I thinking of maybe having 1 cup of caffeine a day. I can't take the migraines anymore. thats for sure.
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    I would agree that you are going cold turkey on to many things at the same time.. i don't want to discourage you but usually that doesn't work out..

Go slow..take one habit at a time.. and than -REPLACE what you take out.. you can't just " kick " something out and not replace it..

you kicked coffee.. what are you taking instead of it ? b/c that " habit ' created a room/space.. now it's empty and it needs to be filled with a new habit.. so before we take something maybe we should think of what to do instead of it ?

Me- and " the time " - if i don't exercise i'm dying of cramps and pains .. and cravings..
    If I exercise- no pain, no craving, ..

I have the " must have sugar " days- not moments- days.. and i think i would kill for sugar.. sometimes i just give in- but most of the times i'm looking for " sweet " alternatives..

Every month is an adventure i guess.. i never know how it will work out.. sometimes i'm down for 10 days .. sometiemes i don't even feel anything- but i noticed that happens only if i'm strickt with my workouts.. I did read somewhere that you should work out durin that time it helps with the cramps and some kind of hormones reg. the cravings.. :ohwell:

And one more thing- maybe if you give yourself a plan ahead you can be more prepared.. Like i did this time
    PLAN: work 6 x a week for the whole month of January.. i was super determined i didnt' care how little sleep i got i didn't care about all the sore muscles in the am .. i was just- DO IT
    and i didn't even notice that the " time " started, didn't pay attention to the pain.. just DO IT...
    maybe it' s more " mind over matter ? "
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I quit coffee and switched to green tea about 3 months ago. Now that I'm use to it I feel like I have more energy during the day. I'm sleeping better at night. No more headaches from not having coffee, having to much coffee.

As for not wanting to exercise while TOM is visiting, I mostly just make myself do it. I feel better after I do.

If you can only eat alittle chocolate go ahead. 9 dark chocolate kisses is only 180 cal. I let myself eat up to 6 a day. I don't always eat six but alot of days I do. Knowing I can eat them makes me feel like I'm not being deprived of something I like.
  • shayk80
    Options
    What great infomation... So I went out and bought Coke Zero... It doesn't have all the crap that regular coke has, but it has Caffeine... which is what my body needs (i think, to get rid of these migraines),

Now with me quitting smoking cold turkey 8 days ago, I think I am doing pretty well.. I don't even want a cigarette.

And for my Sweet tooth.. I am having a Huge problem with that. I wonder how many calories 6 Milk Chocolate Hershey Kisses have in them? :blushing:
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    I looked it up on here and they are 153 calories for 6 of them!
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    You are detoxing BIG TIME and your body is overloaded with toxins! Try to flush it out with lots of water. It will help hydrate your muscles and the headaches should ease after the 2nd week. I say go for a small cup of joe in the am.
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    My friends and I call it "Bob" I've never heard "Tom" before HAHA :laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My friends and I call it "Bob" I've never heard "Tom" before HAHA :laugh:

TOM=time of month
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Ahh now I feel like a dork :laugh:
  • shayk80
    Options
    That is what I was thinking as well. I have added a coke zero as of today. I don't drink coffee, so my other options for caffeine would be coke or green tea (i love green tea)