Did you skip breakfast today and go to work on an empty stom

Did you skip breakfast today and go to work on an empty stomach?

Did you think that maybe that way you'd wind up eating a little less today??

I used to skip breakfast too, out of sheer laziness! But, eating regular healthy breakfast, it turns out, is a great way to help control your weight.

Did you feel 'good healthy' day when you skipped your breakfast??

I didnt because I crave for sugar on my afternoon. No good then!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member

I used to skip breakfast too, out of sheer laziness! But, eating regular healthy breakfast, it turns out, is a great way to help control your weight.

I'll do it if I'm just going to do some moderate cardio. But if I'm going to lift, I eat a pretty good meal (unless I'm squatting that morning, then it's just a shake).
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    I used to never eat breakfast but I do now. I dont like that feeling of being hungry. I like my breakfast for my morning energy boost. I wont skip breakfast now :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

i skip breakfast everyday

and ii generally eat around the same amount of cals everyday, except when i go to a restaurant then all bets are off

i feel pretty good not eating breakfast and have found i actually get more **** done for whatever reason
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    As a bare minimum I will eat some peanut butter with a spoon. It gives me some protein, sugar, etc to start my day! Takes 2 sec. so it's the quickest breakfast ever.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    I think everyone is different and we process food differently. There are some people who swear by working out on an empty stomach. I can't do it. I've tried. I have to have something in my belly, or I will get light-headed. I don't need much. Just something on my stomach. I used to drink apple juice with protein powder before going to the gym.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I am never hungry in the morning. I used to get in trouble with my parents about breakfast; I would lie badly about it, and they would catch me. Coffee is all that I need now as an adult....
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Lately all I've been having is a protein shake, a piece of fruit and some peanut butter. I used to eat steak and eggs regularly for breakfast, now I just don't have the time to cook before work. I love to snack on snickers or hershey bars before lunch.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I eat breakfast for recovery beacuse of my very strange schedule. I work third shift, and the ONLY time I have to go to the gym is right after work. I lift heavy for an hour or so, then go home and sleep. When I wake up, I have to have some food. Not just because I have been fasting through sleep, but because I worked out hard, then fasted, and then I woke up hungry...

But when I don't work out, sometimes I do skip breakfast, and yes, I do feel perfectly fine and healthy on those days.
  • I try not too but really don't like eating before work. I now FORCE myself to have at least a glass of soya milk (I tend not to drink normal milk) before I leave the house then have a coffee when I get to work. I get a little bit peckish before lunch (aka NOW!) but it sees me through fine!
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    I just finished an egg on a weight watchers english muffin with light cheese whiz. Took me a total of 2 minutes to make and it will go a long way. I NEVER use to eat breakfast even knowing how important it is for you. I would force myself on occasion. Then I discovered low fat yogurt with a little granola in it . It was easy to digest and was the beginning of adjusting to eating BK. I feel so much more engerised since I started eating BK
    Have a happy and healthy day MFP
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Heck no . . . I love breakfast.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Lately I've been having a 3 oz cup of coffe with 2 TBSP Coconut oil in it. It keeps full and focused until I get home from work, around 4-430pm. Then I eat a monsterous dinner and do the same thing the next day. I like eating 1-2 times a day, which means skipping breakfast.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    I never do, since I found Shakeology,
    It is the healthiest meal of my day.
    1 Scoop of Shakeology, one banana, spoon of peanut butter, almond milk and ice.
    Shake that is so yummy, you can't even tell is super healthy.
    Best breakfast ever!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    I skip breakfast everyday. I am starving parts of the morning but then it goes away. Its great to see what it feels like to not have food after overeating and stuffing myself for years. Kind of puts in perspective those that don't have enough to eat and are starving......I know I get to eat later.
  • tjnahm
    tjnahm Posts: 73 Member
    I typically only eat two meals a day. I skip breakfast on days I am lifting / strength training and I skip lunch on days I cardio train. Sunday is the only day that I typically eat three meals as I don't work out on Sunday.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Some mornings, I'm really hungry and eat a full breakfast. Today, my acid reflux was kicked up again, making me a bit nauseous (I'm also finding that my system has not yet adjusted to this different way of eating, so I'm having some gastrointestinal trouble--hopefully it will ease off as my system adjusts to the changes). When I'm nauseous, I find a banana helps settle it down some. I usually don't want a lot that early, so I eat fruit or some cereal (love Special K Vanilla Almond...yum) with skim milk or a weight loss shake (using Walmart's version of Slimfast). I have a snack about 3 hours later, then lunch 2 hours. That's helping.

I am a "grazer"; I do better eating a little here and there throughout the day. I tend to be a bit hypoglycemic, and that seems to help prevent the blood sugar drops that give me headaches and cold sweats (not fun). If I don't have at least a little something for breakfast, I'll be shaking by the time we leave the house.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    I don't skip breakfast, but I workout first thing in the AM before eating. It helps me stay on track for the rest of the day and the workouts I do make me feel sick to my stomach if I eat before doing them. I always have something like eggs or oatmeal w/ flaxseed after a workout.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    I always eat breakfast…, EVERYDAY! I may skip lunch because I get busy, but never breakfast. I need my fuel.
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    At first I never ate breakfast, then I started eating breakfast because "you're supposed to if you want to lose weight."

Now that I know it just isn't true, I don't eat breakfast any longer and I'm losing weight still...

Hmmm Curious....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    If I eat within an hour or so of exercise I feel super sick, but this is only an issue on Wednesday (when I teach at 530 am) and saturdays (when i teach at 930 am), so Wednesdays it's empty and Saturdays I wake up early just so I can eat in time.