Weight loss = smaller breasts?

Options
Hey there ladies,

So I have lost about 15 pounds (a little over 10% of my body weight) and feel like my breasts have gotten dramatically smaller. Am I just insane, or has this happened to others as well?

Thanks!

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Breast tissue is mainly adipose. When you lose weight, you lose body fat from all over...and this includes the boobies.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely happens
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't got there yet... however before my weight gain I was a 32A, and now I am a 36B. So, yes it happens! I had the reverse happen to me!

I hope now that I am losing weight, maybe I'll get lucky and lose weight everywhere FROM there. :)
  • meredithd13
    Options
    press-ups - nice and slooooowwww! rowing! and a push-up bra! et voila!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It happens for some women and doesn't for others. It mainly depends on genetics. If your breasts were small when you were thinner, they'll be small again. If they were big before, chances are they'll still be big once you've lost the weight.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Yes, happening to me also. I have lost 20 lbs. and they have already gone down 2 sizes.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sadly (for some of us), yes!! Too bad we cant tell our body where to lose fat from first!!!
    Thunder thighs be gone!! LOL
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Boobies are deflating and I love it. When I gained weight I kept the same bra size so for just over a year I've had that double boob look happening LOL. They are all back in the cup now.
  • DKLinDeutschland
    Options
    Always the first thing to go for me! Wish it were my butt instead...
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    LOL
    Sadly (for some of us), yes!! Too bad we cant tell our body where to lose fat from first!!!
    Thunder thighs be gone!! LOL
    [/quote]
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I wish. It hasn't happened for me yet. And as soon as it does I will be able to finish zipping up my wedding dress ;) Am actually a little nervous that I am not going to loose it in my breasts before the wedding. And I only have about 40 days.
  • esloanpa
    Options
    Sigh. Thanks everyone! I guess it is back to being a bit flat-chested. Nuts to that.
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Are you going down band and/or cup sizes? I had a breast reduction 4 years ago (putting me at a 34DD) so I'm curious if you guys are going down just cup sizes, just band sizes, or both. I have about 40 lbs to lose.
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are doing this together and I was teasing her that she was going from a D to an A... lol

You are not crazy.
  • harmonysdream
    harmonysdream Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I really hope so. If not when I hit my goal I'm getting a reduction lol
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes! I was so sad when I went down a cup size. Sometimes weight loss = boob loss. :(
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i dropped a cup size
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The one thing I actually liked about the overweight me was my voluptuous breasts lol
    Last week I thought the elastic had gone in my bra & then I realised that I'd gone down 2 sizes. I've only bought one new bra as my weight loss isn't over yet.
    I want my bigger boobs back! :sad:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i don't know what size (weight)you are to start with but the bigger weight wise you are the more you loose sometimes you can acually come out with bigger boobies!! lol you say how???
    well me for instance---i started at well 68dd and now i am down to a 42 dd my boobs have shrunk but same size cup and they just look the same size as my whole frame has shrunk down! if that makes ANY sence to you guys at all! lol :noway:
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs, went from a 40DD to a 32B. :smile: Losing my breasts is actually the thing I'm happiest about in my weight loss.