Your favourite meal for weight loss or maintenance phase!

Options
I just thought it would be nice to share some ideas and hear what your favourite food is..... it could be a tasty salad wrap, or a sausage and lentil casserole or a delicious bolognese sauce - the one that you relish and cook regularly and makes this eating plan for life work for you! I hope you are all well and enjoying losing unwanted pounds.

Mine is a sausage and lentil casserole:
450g packet low fat sausages (quorn are good too)
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
176g (6oz) puy lentils
fresh thyme to taste
400g can chopped tomatoes
600ml (20 fl oz ) hot beef stock (or veg)
4 tablespoons half fat creme fraiche
salt and pepper to taste

1 Pierce the sausages all over then dry fry in a non stick saucepan, until lightly coloured. Add the onion to the pan and continue to stir fry until the onion is softened and golden. Add the garlic and carrot and cook for a further minute.
2) stir in the lentils, thyme, chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally, adding a drop of water if the mixture becomes too dry. Season to taste.
3) when the casserole is ready to serve, stir in the creme fraiche.

Yummy. I need to add the calories in later. (This was from "points" from another weight loss system). I have to say - that other system didn't work for me - but I am very enthusiastic about this system!!!!)

Good luck all.

Replies

• MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That sounds bloody amazing.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Tillapia filet, half cup brown rice and a veggie of any sort... really boring but, always hits the spot :)
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Italian breaded pork chops: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/italian-breaded-pork-chops/detail.aspx

It's simple, uses a healthy oil (olive oil), has very few carbs and lots of protein. It's also totally delicious and easy to cook!
  • LorTay8
    LorTay8 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies so far!! Yum - keep them coming!!! :smile:
  • LorTay8
    LorTay8 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Italian pork cops

Servings (Help)

USMetricCalculate

Original Recipe Yield 4 servings
    Ingredients

3 eggs, lightly beaten
    3 tablespoons milk
    1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoons dried parsley
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
    4 pork chops
    Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
    In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. In a separate small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
    Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic, reserving for other uses.
    Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the skillet, and brown abut 5 minutes on each side.
    Place the skillet and pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook 25 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
    Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 527 | Total Fat: 24.6g | Cholesterol: 247mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    As amazing as that sounds, I have found through trail and error lentils do not agree with me... They bloat me at least an inch.... I know... Took me years to get that one..

Turkey, organic fillet. (1 slice per person cut in cubes, I made this for four)
    Onion (whole or half)
    Garlic (I use 3+ cloves)
    Small tomatoes (handful)
    Mixed herbs (pinch)
    Pepper and salt to taste. (pinch)
    Chopped tin toms

Lightly fry onion garlic in a non stick pan (mine does not need oil)
    Add turkey and continue until turkey is lightly cooked all over.
    Add herbs
    Add tin toms and small toms
    Add salt and pepper
    Leave to simmer for 5/10
    Serve on a bed of spinach leaves or with rice, or salad!!

Or with lashings of veg, you can make this a large meal with very low cals xxx But also good in protein xx

Easy to make, easy to freeze!!

I love this dish xxx