Newbie! n00bz.

Options
So, I'm new to this. I posted some of the worst pics of me... actually, the photos are the only body shot photos I've allowed anyone to take in three years.

I'm pretty determined this year to get fit and lose weight, so much I've joined this thing and will actually count calories. Too bad it only lets you lose up to 2lbs a week! Is there any tips you have? Can I lose more? Exercise's that specifically targed upper arms, and your gut?

I carry all my weight in my middle, and it sits low, so it looks like I'm pregnant. Other problem areas --upper arms/chin.

I'm open to any help anyone can give! I believe everyone can do this! :)

Replies

• justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So, I'm new to this. I posted some of the worst pics of me... actually, the photos are the only body shot photos I've allowed anyone to take in three years.

I'm pretty determined this year to get fit and lose weight, so much I've joined this thing and will actually count calories. Too bad it only lets you lose up to 2lbs a week! Is there any tips you have? Can I lose more? Exercise's that specifically targed upper arms, and your gut?

I carry all my weight in my middle, and it sits low, so it looks like I'm pregnant. Other problem areas --upper arms/chin.

I'm open to any help anyone can give! I believe everyone can do this! :)
    Options
    hi and welcome to MFP. :happy:
    If you try and lose more than 2 lbs a week you can actually put your body into starvation mode because your body will think it is not getting enough nutrients and will actually save every bit of calories and you can actually put on weight or not lose any weight. So on loosing weight try slow and steady. Also I know this will sound strange but eat your excercise calories that will also help you.
    Good luck
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    slow and steady wins the race, if you lose slower you know you can keep it off

good luck with your weight loss :flowerforyou:

ps drink as much water as you can, always log everything you eat, and eat slowly, so you know when you are really full

:flowerforyou: