a program like c25k for pace?

I Googled this and didn't find much, I'm a week away from finishing c25k, before I started I told myself if I could finish I'd jump up to the 10k program. But I'm getting pretty bored after 20 minutes of jogging, so I definitely think 30 will be my wall. I've decided to work on my pace, I could have accomplished what I've done in c25k without the program, but I know the structure made it easier and quicker to get to where I'm at. I'd love to find a program that's geared at helping me increase my pace.

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Even though it's not specifically marketed as such, Hal Higdon's 10K training schedule is do a great job of it for me. After months and months of just running everyday and trying to improve my pace with just that and getting nowhere, I started following his 10K for novices training schedule because I have a 7K this weekend and a 10K in November. And in the 3 weeks I've been following it I went from most runs averaging out at about 5.7-5.8 MPH to running at an easy 6 MPH and my run tonight I started at 6.1 and ended it at 7.1 and felt like I just could have kept going.

This is the one I'm using: http://www.halhigdon.com/10ktraining/10knovice.htm For my strength days I do about an hour to an hour of half of both upper and lower body, alternating muscle groups in a specific set that I mapped out based on both the weight I set things at for certain exercises on the machine and the muscle groups, then do three sets of each of those with upper and lower body stretches and a 3min walk at 3MPH/3.5 incline before each set and a final walk as a cool down. And I rotate my "cross" nights around with mostly roller skating and stationary bike. With the occasional elliptical.

He also has a set of 5K plans as well, which I'd suspect would be just as great as this one has been.