Where can i buy two eight year old girls?

Options
engineman312
engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
some nice age appropriate books?? i want to get my god-daughters into reading.

Replies

• Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    some nice age appropriate books?? i want to get my god-daughters into reading.

A book shop? lol. The staff can help you. Amazon is also great. x
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The title of your post reminded me of the famous "Blues Brothers" line, "How much for the little girl?"
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Man I almost thought I was somewhere I should not have been with a title like that

I use Amazon for books for my kids cheaper than the book shop
  • Romachel
    Options
    My daughter is 8 and she loves Junie B Jones and Geronimo Stilton. If you have a Chapters bookstore near you, they have the books divided into age groups. There is something for any type of little girl!
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    129193163112961924.jpg
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Depending on their reading level, Diary of a wimpy kid series are good!
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You can ask a librarian for suggestions, then go to amazon. I LOVED the Beverly Cleary series, Laura Ingalls Wilder, and the Dear America series when I was 8-10.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Junis B jones books are wonderful for that age. I have a 9 year old and 13 yr old twins.
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    129193163112961924.jpg
    This. LOL.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Also American Girl series....I guess it depends what they are into. If they like animals or are really girlie. I have an 8 year old and she just brought home a book on Egyptian Mythology but then she will bring home books on drawing, animals or girlie ones, you just never know. My suggestion, if they are your God daughters, take them out to lunch and then take them to a book store and pic out book with them...if you don't want that much contact and trust me I understand this, you may want to have a conversation about what there interests are and go from there also reading level will be vastly important, if they struggle in reading you are going to want to pick the appropriate level for them this is why it is good just to take them and do the rule of 5. If they are reading a page and there is only one word on the page that they don't know, book too easy....if there are 5, the book is too hard....that book is just right if they are between 2 or 3 words that they don't know or understand. Good luck!!!
  • maritimemom
    Options
    I'm a library assistant and I have a 9 year old daughter. I would suggest Junie B. Jones, Judy Moody, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Bad Kitty, Superfudge, Ramona, Flat Stanley, Geranimo/Thea Stilton, Puppy Place, Animal Ark etc etc. These are all great series for that age group. There are lots of other great choices out there too! Good luck! :)
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Warriors books are all the rage for 8 year old girls. They are about these cat clans that have human characteristics. Or The Lightning Thief, another great book for kids
  • submissivelyserving
    Options
    I'm a library assistant and I have a 9 year old daughter. I would suggest Junie B. Jones, Judy Moody, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Bad Kitty, Superfudge, Ramona, Flat Stanley, Geranimo/Thea Stilton, Puppy Place, Animal Ark etc etc. These are all great series for that age group. There are lots of other great choices out there too! Good luck! :)

amen, i have a 10 yr old and she loves to read some of these. what about Scholastic (they have great deals sometimes) we order through her school
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    129193163112961924.jpg
    This. LOL.

these ppl get it.

trolololololo
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I suggest The Catcher in The rye, Lady Chatterlys Lover, The great Gatsby,and Hunter Thompsons Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.
    All books I read at 8 (except fear & loathing)
  • ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Babysitter's Club, Nancy Drew, the Boxcar Children, and sweet valley twins are all great series, but they could be a bit dated since I read them when I was a kid....Well, Nancy Drew is never out of date in my opinion!
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    129193163112961924.jpg
    This. LOL.

these ppl get it.

trolololololo

And it still continues lol
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Depending on their reading level, Diary of a wimpy kid series are good!

thats what i was gonna say!!!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Now I ask myself....why would I even open this thread?

Giggle
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    129193163112961924.jpg

Perfect!
This discussion has been closed.