I don't know what's wrong with me!

Options
The past week I have been feeling very tired and run down and it is gradually getting worse. It's all I can do today to keep my eyes open! I thought once I started to do more exercise and eat healthier I would start to have more energy but it seems to be going the other way and I have no energy at all! I also nearly fainted earlier today and have a really bad headache.

Has anyone else had problems like these?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?

Eating healthy won't do you any good if your only eating 500 calories of the healthy stuff.

Also, any sicknesses going around? That may be a culprit too.
  • amkelley
    Options
    I agree, maybe try eating some more. If I eat too few calories I feel rundown and just overall exhausted.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    maybe you are just ill... its fresher flu season after all! i spent all last week just wanting to sleep!
  • food4thought7
    Options
    it could just be the usual stuff of not eating enough or being sick...but those are also symptoms of an anemic. so get your iron levels checked if it doesnt go away!
  • mybutterfly63
    mybutterfly63 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been making sure I eat all my calories every day and I normally eat all my exercise calories as well
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're keeping your hydration up!!

Eat back your exercise calories.

Consider a multivitamin with mineral (a women's one with iron and calcium), and possibly a b-complex tablet as well (talk to your doctor first to make sure that's all ok)

If you haven't clued your doctor in on your exercise/eating plan, you might want to do that, just to make sure there isn't anything else going on.
  • tamdee43
    tamdee43 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your IRON may be getting low. Mine got so low last year, I almost had to have blood, but thankfully I didnt. Have a CBC (complete blood count) done and see what your numbers are. That also checks cholesterol and everything else. Good thing to check once a year anyway.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Your protein intake is pretty low, try altering your carb/fat/protein ratios...MFP has the protein set a tad too low for many.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    What about sleep? How much are you getting? Also are you drinking water. Here's the deal when you faint it is your body telling you that you are lacking something. Think of it as a car stalling out. It just needed something to get it going again and it runs. Same with you. I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV...just thought a little humor would make you smile. I was being serious about the first part.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Had a peek at your diary. I don't think you're drinking enough mate.
  • juggalotus
    Options
    Are you getting enough potassium? Make sure you are getting plenty of potassium! Here are the symptoms of low potassium

1. Heart Palpitations
    2. Paralysis
    3. Muscle Stiffness, Tenderness and Aching
    4. Frequent Urination and Extreme Thirst
    5. Muscle Weakness, Spasms, Cramping pains and Tetany
    6. Dizziness and Fainting
    7. Stomach Bloating, Pain and Cramping
    8. Numbness and Tingling

Or it could be a Vitamin B12 Deficiency....

If not any of that, the only other thing i could ask you is are you getting enough sleep? water? Are you getting sick? or have you been unusually stressed lately? I see from you diaries that you are eating all your calories. So that's good. It doesn't display potassium intake though....
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    It could be sugar withdrawal if you are eating a lot less. If you have a headache and fainted too I suggest you see a doctor asap. Its probably food related but it is better to be safe than sorry.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My first few weeks I had this issue, I think it was the reduction of sugar/caffine in my diet!

Sometimes even months later, I feel like I have been hit by a mack truck.

but the number one question always...

Are you sure you are not pregnant?
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hmmm.... I don't know, but I am having the same issue! I feel exhausted from the time I wake up and it takes everything I have to get through the day. I suspect for myself it might be an iron or b12 deficiency, not sure, but that's what the symptoms seem like. I had a b12 deficiency last year for about six months and felt like total crap and lost TONS of my hair. I have been trying to remember to take my vitamins.... but I am really bad about that. Might be worth you getting a check up with your doctor, or just getting a good multi vitamin if you are suspecting a deficiency.
  • honeyb7
    Options
    In addition to all the other suggestion which I would have checked first, have your thyroid checked. I experienced a bout of tiredness beyond what I would consider normal and it was because my thyroid level was off.
  • juggalotus
    Options
    In addition to all the other suggestion which I would have checked first, have your thyroid checked. I experienced a bout of tiredness beyond what I would consider normal and it was because my thyroid level was off.

That too...I was tested for hypothyroidism but I guess i didn't show evidence of it. But they said some kind of level was out of whack (dont remember which one) so i have to be tested again in about a month....
  • mybutterfly63
    mybutterfly63 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your advice! Having looked back at my diaries I think I will be making a few changes to the things that I am eating!