extra skin?

Options
124»

Replies

• Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :( The first time I read it I thought it said 3,000 and I got hopeful. I haven't lost it yet, but I plan on it and this is one of my biggest worries.

Mine, too :(.
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You dont need surgery to get rid of extra skin. I went from 240 down to 170 and I had some extra skin around my midsection. I did bodyweight training and I drank about 200oz of water and It tightened up and I lost some extra skin in 5 weeks. You need to learn that skin is like elastic and best way to get rid of it without going to get surgery is drinking water. It was an issue when I was in Marine Corps bootcamp they talked to us about it when we had a Nutrion class before our first day of PT. Water and exersice is what you need and how you do it cane make it or break you.

everyone's body is not like yours....best not to make generalizations that aren't based on fact.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    keeping track of this thread for future reference... down about 90... with a little more then that to go... one strange thing I HAVE noticed though... especially with my arms... I wear my bodybugg daily...and have for the past 2 years..it's on the left arm... and iam right handed... you would thing the right side would be smaller then the left...but the left side, where the band of the bodybugg sits, is a FULL inch smaller... with LESS batwing... so I have started wearing a neoprene arm trimmer thingie on my other arm when I can, to see if wearing it often as I continue to lose helps....
  • mrrad
    mrrad Posts: 46
    Options
    I am 39 and have lost and gained weight a few times like lots of women.

My experience/ opinion is this...

It is less of an issue for men as they carry their fat intra abdominally so generally toning up will be more advantageous to men.

Give it time it can take a year for skin to get as tight as it going to get.

Although creams don't cure the problem, body brushing, exfoliation and body lotion will make it feel a bit nicer.

Eat a decent diet and drink plenty of water you can't expect to look your best if you aren't getting all the required nutrients.

Wear support underwear a good bra and a pair of spanx do wonders.

Do your weights toned muscles make you look younger and will give you the most shape you can achieve, this will also improve surgery results if you decide to go down that root.

Unfortunately some of us will have this problem but it is still better than been obese, so don't use it as an excuse for not losing weight keep at it and hope you are one of the lucky ones.

Good luck to everyone when we are at goal we should form a loose skin support group!
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It's my main worry too, but that's way into the future. I need to lose the weight first!

I'll see how I feel when I get there.
  • Manda_H
    Options
    I lost 125 lbs and then gained back for pregnancy and currently losing agian. This is what I noticed... i had a lot more saggy skin the first time. This time I lost the weight a little slower and the skin isn't anywhere near as saggy. I believe that with time and exercise some skin will go back into place. But think of it this way, at least its just saggy skin. The skin isn't going to shorten our lives like the fat would. In some ways its a trophy... a reminder to the success we have had in saving our own lives. In some ways= embrace it....
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    To the OP. It depends on a lot of things. What I have tended to find is it will take up to 2 years for it to shrink back as much as it is going to. If you are young that might be quite a bit. The problem is it is not just an age thing. There is a huge genetic component as well. Some people in their 40s will lose 100 pounds and have no loose skin. Others in their 20s will lose 100 pounds and have a lot of loose skin. Give it time to see how it goes and start saving for surgery. In two years if it has not shrunk back, then hopefully you have saved enough to get it surgically removed.