help please hit a rut in my diet

Options
I've been working out consistently for over a year now, and these last five vanity LBS wont come off, i've hit a plateu, heres my diet and workout out.. any suggestions?

*Plus every morning i do wake up calisthenics of abs jumping jacks ect for 15 mins..
WORKOUT
Monday
light cardio - 1.5 mile run
"boot camp" circuit training with weights and cardio - 45 mins
"power abs" - 20 mins straight ab workout
walk 4.0 for at least 30 mins

Tuesday
Run 6.7 for 30 mins
walk up hill 4.0 increasing every min untill reach 9 and work back down
cool down
light ab workout
at least 30 mins of 4.0 walking
sometimes 60 min of lawn mowing if its nice out

Wednesday
Run 2 miles sprint/jog each lap
Zumba- 45 mins
Power abs- 20 mins
at least 30 mins 4.0 walking

Thursday
Total body tone- 45 mins ( circuit training)
Run 1 mile
light ab workout

Friday
Cardio of choice for 30 mins
light weights
power abs 20 min
walk 4.0 for at least 30 mins
Zumba 60 mins

Saturday
HIIT running 45 mins
Abs 15 mins
weights 20 mins

Sunday
Rest day but usually a light run or a bike ride with light abs

and my diary is open to view.,, any suggestions? thank you so much i really appreciate it

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    from a quick look at your diary you dont eat anywhere near enough to sustain that amount of exercise.
  • mushalek
    Options
    I thought that too.. i increased the amount of calories i take i used to only have the min 1200 but ive been getting up to 1500, plus a boat load more protein and healthy fat.. still not getting results
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    do everything backwards. your body can get used to a routine. do saturday's work out on monday, etc. you could benefit from tricking your body a little bit.

and i didn't look at your diary... but eat more! have a spike day, or zig zag those calories.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary,

More cals, particularly fats. you should be getting at a minimum .3g of fat per lb of body weight

Less cardio, more weights. And no need to train abs everyday, they are a muscle and should be given proper rest like any other muscle group
  • mushalek
    Options
    I think im going to zig zag my calories i've been looking into that alot lately, and im going to try a new workout today hopefully i get some results, thank you!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I thought that too.. i increased the amount of calories i take i used to only have the min 1200 but ive been getting up to 1500, plus a boat load more protein and healthy fat.. still not getting results

you need to NET 1200 at least, not just eat 1200, or even 1500 when you work off around 1000.

ditch all the 'low fat/low cal' stuff out of your diet and eat proper food if you want to sustain the amount of exericise you do.
  • mushalek
    Options
    Looking at your diary,

More cals, particularly fats. you should be getting at a minimum .3g of fat per lb of body weight

Less cardio, more weights. And no need to train abs everyday, they are a muscle and should be given proper rest like any other muscle group

so higher weight less reps correct? im trying to burn more fat rather than get completely ripped, mainly just trying to get my abs to fully shine through lol
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Decrease your carbs !
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Decrease your carbs !

did u even look at her diary, she nets about 200 cals per day, please dont say she should reduce anything!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary,

so higher weight less reps correct? im trying to burn more fat rather than get completely ripped, mainly just trying to get my abs to fully shine through lol

correct and as a woman you're not going to get all bulky and ripped unless you're taking steroids.

to lose the last few lbs and get rid of some stubborn fat, i'd actually run a moderate deficit and depending on how long you've been dieting have a big refeed day once a week, that is at least 300cals over your maintenance level
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    you need to NET 1200 at least, not just eat 1200, or even 1500 when you work off around 1000.

ditch all the 'low fat/low cal' stuff out of your diet and eat proper food if you want to sustain the amount of exericise you do.

This.
  • siabevis
    Options
    dont give up!
  • mushalek
    Options
    Looking at your diary,

correct and as a woman you're not going to get all bulky and ripped unless you're taking steroids.

to lose the last few lbs and get rid of some stubborn fat, i'd actually run a moderate deficit and depending on how long you've been dieting have a big refeed day once a week, that is at least 300cals over your maintenance level

I've heard of people doing that, they say it'll give your metabolism a real boost, should these calories come from proteins or complex carbs because obviously they shouldn't just be empty caloires
  • mushalek
    Options
    dont give up!

Thank you im not going to its just giving me more motivation to finally see these abs! hah