Surving the weekend

Options
I've found it quite easy to eat well during the week as I'm so busy at work that I dont really think about food too much.

However the weekends are a different story, and this weekend in partuclar is going to be crazy.

We are having a big family reunion on Sunday which means lots of food ALL DAY. I'm already stressing as the wonderful smell of baking is already wafting around the house.

How am I going to resist?!

I dont want all my hard work this week to go to waste :(

Any tips?

Mo

Replies

• atag2011
    atag2011 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I feel you on this one! I would say to try and get in a workout before the day begins and then have a good breakfast. Also chug the water all day....good luck!
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    Working out like atag stated is a great way. also you can make yourself a healthy dish to take the the event as well so you know there will be a healthy choice for you. You got this!!
  • kivrinangel
    Options
    Most of all, don't stress out too much over it. If you set too high an expectation for yourself, you will fail and it will hurt you more than if you just make a plan going into it. You know there will be things you really want to eat at the family reunion, so give yourself permission to have some of it in moderation. I know from experience that if I don't give myself permission to have some of my favorite things, I'll end up eating EVERYTHING.
  • helma123
    helma123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Give yourself permission to eat the good stuff, but small amounts. Also, get a good work out in before you go. Maybe your goal for that day could be "not gain" instead of "lose". & bring your favorite healthy dish. Good luck! You can do it!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

perhaps i am setting too high an expectation but i want to see a shift on the scale come monday!

would sticking mainly to proteins be good?

Its going to be a catered bbq. so lots of meat will be available :D
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    i agree with getting in a morning workout and having a good breakfast....and then also someone once told me for the holidays when i have many houses to visit for dinner "try everything, eat nothing" ....and that has worked for me so far....i try small portions of everything that i want so i don't feel like i'm depriving myself :) good luck and have fun!