Affirmation Friday! Let's Be Honest! What do you want?

Options
We all know the reasons why we want to lose weight. Some reasons are easy, look better, feel better, be healthy. Knowing what you want can take us a long way. Take a moment, and lets do some soul searching. Deep down, inside your heart, if you dared to dream, what do you truly want? Do you know? What is the most important thing to you?

Replies

• LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I started losing weight for looks and to be healthy.
    However, now I am just determined to prove to myself (and everyone around me) that I CAN do this and hit my goal! ;)
    Thanks for reminding me about this - had the worst day yesterday in several months, and definitely needed a butt-kick today...
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to be comfortable in my own skin......
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight because i wanted to look better and be healthier.
    Also, because i'm an indy wrestler and would like to compete better in the ring.

I'm an athlete, i should feel like one.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i don't really care about looking good, although i would like to reach a point where i don't think i look BAD...but my number one reason for losing the weight is because underneath it all, i'm really a very active and energetic person. i love doing things that are physical or being outdoors. i want to be able to do the stuff that i want to do like swim and snowboard and go hiking and all that without my weight or size stopping me :flowerforyou:
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I want to enjoy LIFE and all it has to offer without worrying about how I look or if I'm capable.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost an aunt, nephew & two friends in the last year. I’m said to say, none of them really took care of themselves. A lot of my friends are on maintenance meds to get by. I don’t want that to be me…
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    I would give my left nut for one of these!

Lamborghini-Aventador-LP700-4_1-thumb-450x356.jpg
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be completely honest and say it's about 60% looking good, 30% being able to run further than my friends and 10% surprising everyone at the end of it.
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I want some love and passion and great sex.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I of course want to be healthy, but I want to ENJOY clothes shopping, and not have to analyze every piece of clothing i think i want, trying to figure out if I am too big for the garment even if i DID find my size.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I want to be totally sexy and be discovered by some acting agent to be in a movie, to pay off my bills and get a bigger house...well you did ask me to soul search! lol
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i want to be comfortable in my own skin
    i want to be able to shop for all sorts of clothes instead of looking for something that hides my tummy, hips, thighs and bum
    i want to be able to go out with my sisters/friends and have guys come and chat to ME
  • I want to look better, feel better, be healthy and not be embarrassed to walk next to a skinnier friend, or worry how my son feels about me not being able to fit down the big swirly slide. I want to wear a swim suite and not see cottage cheese thighs, or a roll. I want to be able to walk when I am older, I have degenerative disk disease, and weight will make that worse. I want a BMI that isn't off the charts. I want to look gorgeous in my wedding dress. I want to lose weight to correct my hormone imbalance so I can have more kids after I get married. I want my fiance to be proud to have me at his side, be able to brag about his beautiful wife :-)

I want to be happy about me again.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I want to win the $160 pot for the Biggest Loser we have going on here at work amongst 8 co-workers. The promise of money has made my >1 year stay with MFP actually mean something and you know what? The 'experts' on here were right! Starting at a BMI of 21.5 meant to lose the 10 lbs I wanted to I needed to work out hard - the same 80% nutrition 20% ratio does NOT apply when you are close to your goal.

It's was week 3 weigh-in this morning and I'm in second place at 5.42% lbs lost and the leader is at 6% (she and I have matched almost neck and neck so far; week 1) 3.1% for me, 3% for her and week 2) tied at 4.4% and we even had the exact same body fat percentage after a Bod-Pod professional test and we are 8 inches apart in height so I think this is neat and very motivating especially since having your true body fat measured is eye opening. BF calibrated on a hand held devise is 10% under and a scale-foot devise is 5% under.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I would give my left nut for one of these!

Lamborghini-Aventador-LP700-4_1-thumb-450x356.jpg

Me too but I would have to ask my wife for them and you know how hard that would be!
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm an athlete, i should feel like one.

LOVE this!

I'm also a pretty athletic guy (racquetball, tennis, Ultimate, a little running, rollerblading, biking, etc.), but over the past seven years or so, you wouldn't know it to look at me. I need to look on the outside like the athlete I am on the inside.
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I want to be happy with me.. I want to be confident with who I am... feel comfortable in my own skin as a pp said... also money, a nicer house.... to be a stay at home mom... I could think of alot of things... but to be happy with myself in my own body would be awesome!
  • deepbluesea
    Options
    I live on the beach. Enough said. lol...
  • Wingmistress
    Options
    Most important thing to me is to be healthy and enjoy my life with my kiddos. I thoroughly enjoy being a Mom, while still keeping my own identity. Life is an interesting journey and I want to feel good as I roll through it :)
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have had health issues for most of my life but this resent extra weight is making it much worse. I want to have my life back!!!! I also want to no feel so un attractive.