Sick of weight always changing

Options
borst13
borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
Hello everyone. I'm trying to lose 20 pounds which wouldn't be hard but I'm a military wife and my husband leaves for three weeks at a time every few months (thankfully no deployments yet.) Every time he leaves I gain the weight I lost back. This past three week duty assignment I gained 11 pounds (ugh!.) I just lost five pounds in the past five days of that 11 but I have an ultimate goal of losing 20 pounds. I've been using the calorie tracker for a while but this is my first time in this community so any help would be great!

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome! The support here is aweseome! You can do it!... Don't give up and just take it one day at a time. I also lose weight then gain it back... I only have myself to blame, but I'm not giving up because I know I can do it!... Did it before and will do it again! Feel free to add me! :)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    What do you do differently when he's gone? I would think you'd gain when he was home -- and lose when he left!
  • ljedmom
    ljedmom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is a great place for support. And it really helps to see what you're eating and how much you're exercizing. Also, it helps to have friends to tell you you're doing a great job. And it makes me want to workout when I see that others fit it in their day. I definitely workout way more than I would on my own. You can add me if you want help staying accountable!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    No worries you can do it. The people here are really cool.
  • horizonflight
    Options
    Definitely look at what you're changing while he's gone. Are you eating out at all while he's gone? Are you changing your menu while he's gone? If you work out, when do you work out? While he's there or while he's gone? I understand all too well, your frustration. Being a military spouse is difficult. I was a military spouse while being a spouse in the military. I know the stress sucks. You can push through though. You just need to find that fine balance and you'll do great!
  • borst13
    borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I lost about 40 pounds of baby weight while he was at basic because I was excited for him to see the change. That weight came off easily but I had my family for support and help watching my daughter. Now when he leaves I'm practically a single mom, soo I have much more stress and food becomes my comfort, and when he comes home I can head back to the gym or run while he watches our daughter.
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    yes I can relate, :smile: It's the stress, and believe me stress is no stranger to me. :huh: :happy: I am learning to find other ways to get rid of the stress and one way is through this site. I log on and read how my friends are doing and it make me want to do better to, and also by the time I logg off I have forgotten about eating! please add me as a friend and we can Incourage each other!:flowerforyou:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You have to just get your exercise while playing with your kid. Use her as a weight have her jump and lift her up high. Play on the playground together, dance like crazy, find a place to kick a ball around together. Toss her in a stroller with a toy and a drink and hit the road.

Sometimes you just can't wait for anyone to help.