I just got cursed out ... RANT

Replies

• sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Did you read the post about Anger Management Tip from yesterday? I think it may help you in this situation. ;)
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Dealing with the public on an individual by individual basis is tough. I worked at a hotel front desk when I was in college. Everyday I would run into at least one irrational person who had no control over their emotions. It's sad really... it must really suck to live life where you lose control so easily.
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    So i just called this customer of my dry cleaners to let her know our policy and what we do in a situation when good are damaged during the cleaning process that is abnormal and due to the material and circumstances. She told me that she got stains on it that was cake or coffee six months ago and hasn't cleaned it since. When we put chemicals (basic dry cleaning) on it the fabric just burned. so either the coffee reacted to it or if it was cake then bugs could've gotten into it. Whatever the situation was we would reimburse her for her dress accordingly to the policy. I guess she didn't like the policy and wanted 400 dollars. She started to curse and even threatened my life and my business. So i wanted to get this off my chest. Not a good day but i'm not going let one crazy irrational person ruin my day. So if She wants to "make my F***ing life a living hell" + ***** calling x 30 then let it be. Money can't buy class or humanity

Be careful what you ***** about on the internet.

you know i dont get on here often but when i do i always see you being rude to someone what is your deal
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Holy cow...this story doesn't make me miss my days in customer service at all. I always make sure to be extra friendly to restaurant servers and other service employees I come into contact with.

What is it about someone being behind a counter or on the other end of the telephone that makes common courtesy and humanity fly out the window???!!! The nerve of that woman...
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Well if she only wears it every 6 months and wasn't worried about the food on it for 6 months, I don't know why she's acting this upset about it. If it meant that much to her it seems like she would have been worried the day she spilled and not after all this time.
  • YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    I agree with the others. If she's threatening your life and business over a dress then you need to call the cops. Not only has she threatened you but now she's harrassing you if she's calling 30x's or so.

Yuck!!
    She didnt call me 30 times she called me a b***h 30 times in one conversation.
  • YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Guys i appreciate all the advice. Its things like this that make me appreciate life less and start to lose faith. But i can not changed people and there are always more good in the world than bad ( i pray so.. )
    Hope you guys have a better day

love MFPer
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Exactly- you cannot change her. Just imagine what kind of time she has each day reacting like this? What would happen when something really tragic happened you know? At least you know this is wrong way to act. A big thing in this world! :) Take care and I hope you have a better day! It probably won't take much after that! :)
  • put it down to another crazy person in the world & try to move on. Sorry it happened to you; she is one unhappy bi__h & a syco to boot.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Her fault. Can't let that sink into the fibers.
    -wtk
  • I forgot to say "hang up on her"! Do not let her use the phone as a weapon. Call the police & see if there is anything that can be done about this. Take care.
  • Umm I can't believe she just let it sit for 6 months and expected everything to be okay. How Rude!
  • Umm I can't believe she just let it sit for 6 months and expected everything to be okay. How Rude!

I agree. I would've taken the money offered to me & hit the stores with it! New dress, here I come. :bigsmile:
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    Guys i appreciate all the advice. Its things like this that make me appreciate life less and start to lose faith. But i can not changed people and there are always more good in the world than bad ( i pray so.. )
    Hope you guys have a better day

love MFPer

It's hard to not lose faith. But really? Just remind yourself of all the amazing people who still exist out there (yes, they might be a bit harder to find) and remember that those horrible people? Nobody likes them :-P Real people love and appreciate honest, good-hearted people like yourself :-) So in the end, you'll always win and be better off (because you are actually liked/loved by those around you)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    That is absolutely unbelievable. . . wow. . . Well at somepoint I am sure that she will calm down and realize that her behavior is irrational given the circumstances of the incident. . Sorry that you had to endure such a thing. . May peace and blessings come your way on the morrow.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    I would start documenting anytime she's called etc and I agree call the police and get a restraining order if you have too you just never know what people are capable of these days you know.
    Yes this! Keep a copy of this post as day one of her going off the deep end. If she tries to sue, keeping a record of what is said will be helpful.

I gotta wonder if she soaked her dress in something to make it react with the dry clean chemicals? Maybe she wanted it to burn up so she could demand $400 from you.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Wow, people ARE crazy, and obviously - DIRTY if you dont wash your dirty dress for over 6 months..... BTW, it was a dirty dress that impeached a president once, no ?? :laugh:

Did any of you stop to consider that she may not have washed it because she was afraid to? A lot of stuff is dry clean only.

She may have not gotten around to taking it to the cleaners until recently. It doesn't mean she's wearing it all those months. It probably sat on a "to do" list somewhere.

Secondly, I think most of us try not to behave like that, but tell me you haven't ever been in a situation where you've wanted to (even if you didn't act on it).

I know a lady who is bipolar. She can be the nicest person, but she can also be the biggest witch. There was once I stopped in to see her and she yanked open the door, cussed me out, then slammed it in my face. I hadn't even been able to get a word in. I was a little shocked.

Having been in customer service positions, I can tell you, these incidents are NO FUN. My hats off to those who can handle them with grace.
  • Crowhorse
    P.S.--calling 30 times is a bit overkill. Even a normal flip out usually involves just an initial outburst (and then they might go on and rant on the internet).

I think reimbursement for the garment was perfectly reasonable.

Oh, I see she called you a b**** 30 Xs.

I think everyone should work customer service for a period of time. I think it gives a little perspective on things.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Get cursed out...ask customer "So what are you wearing"...customer hangs up...problem solved.
  • Crowhorse
    Holy cow...this story doesn't make me miss my days in customer service at all. I always make sure to be extra friendly to restaurant servers and other service employees I come into contact with.

What is it about someone being behind a counter or on the other end of the telephone that makes common courtesy and humanity fly out the window???!!! The nerve of that woman...

I think it's because they know you are not suppose to retort or you might lose your job. Kind of like saying nasty things over the internet that they wouldn't dare say in person.