why is this happening to me?!

Options
13»

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    you know, someone should have told those refugees and folks in concentration camps that NOT eating will make you retain/gain weight. Obviously they and I am missing something because in my experience, people who starve - for whatever reason - do NOT maintain OR gain weight. But I'm just an amateur, what do I know ...

If I don't eat enough - I gain weight. Can't give you a reasonable explanation why it happens, but it does. I know the range in which I have to keep my calories in order to maintain. Too many days below it? My weight goes up. It isn't a quick nor overnight thing. But, it happens.

And I truly believe comparing all of our weight loss journeys to people who were in refugee or concentration camps is plain out ridiculous.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Are you absolutely sure you are logging everything that goes in your mouth.. many people forget the cream and sugar that goes in their coffee or the oil they use to fry an egg. 1 tablespoon of oil can be 140 calories! Everything adds up so quickly.

Really focus on everything you are taking in.
    Also, how do you keep track of the calories you are burning? Do you have a HRM to prove it? I can go to the gym and work out for 50 minutes and only burn 250 calories because I was sluggish that day or didn't do any resistance on the bike. If I don't get my heart rate up, then I don't burn that many calories.

Also, set your diary up to lose 1/2 a lb a week and DON'T eat your exercise calories back. Be patient.. I did this and I lost 5 lbs in two weeks. But I was burning 3500 calories a week and not eating them back. I was eating 1450 calories a day.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Another point.. measure and weigh everything. If you just guess at 1 tlspoon of peanut butter.. you could be WAY off.

I measure absolutely everything I can! Peanut butter, banana, wheat thins, cream for my coffee, etc.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Don't worry NOT pregnant and I lost 4 pounds, I was retaining water
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Don't worry NOT pregnant and I lost 4 pounds, I was retaining water
    that's great! :)