Motivate me p90xers and guys

Options
Hey hey,

my 2nd day on the forums, i just got thru with p90x shoulders and arms ab ripper x, this is my 3rd week of the lean program

Im doing pretty good on the food part, i was at my brothers this weekend and i did pretty bad, Mexican restaurant for lunch, Mmmmm Cheese Dip, and tortillas are my downfall(I can eat my weight in that stuff) , i felt so bad after I ate that I went for a walk (4.8 miles in 1.5 hrs) My Watch said I burned 1552 Calories, so i dont feel as bad. but im back on track and hitting it hard.

any guys or P90xers here? got success stories?

Replies

• Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options
    Hey hey,

my 2nd day on the forums, i just got thru with p90x shoulders and arms ab ripper x, this is my 3rd week of the lean program

Im doing pretty good on the food part, i was at my brothers this weekend and i did pretty bad, Mexican restaurant for lunch, Mmmmm Cheese Dip, and tortillas are my downfall(I can eat my weight in that stuff) , i felt so bad after I ate that I went for a walk (4.8 miles in 1.5 hrs) My Watch said I burned 1552 Calories, so i dont feel as bad. but im back on track and hitting it hard.

any guys or P90xers here? got success stories?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Oh you wait and see!!! You will be bombarded with replies...there are tons of people doing P90X. I am still thinking about it!! The expense plus it looks really hard!!! :laugh:

Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    thanks for stopping by Alf,

it is expensive, i bought it last year for my wife and she got RIPPED 6 pack and all then she got pregnant so she stopped so now its my turn :P
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    heading out for work, i had a small grilled chicken salad and I packed Tuna for later if I cant make it home for dinner

I have atkins advantage snack bars too :) wish me luck, bc i travel allot as a sales rep I used to eat Fast food like it was going out of style ...but ive been packing lunch for a week or so...i think it works better that way
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It works, I noticed changes in strength, toning, etc. until I injured myself. So I am going to do a "modified" P90X to protect my left shoulder. Going to do Plyo now. Go on WOWY. It's a great site and you sure see results there! I'll be your buddy!!:happy: I'd like to punch Drea though. :laugh:
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    Thanks hotmom, yea definitely modify till ur shoulder gets better, you dont want to mess it up worse than it is, and Drea, I know what you mean :P she makes it all look so easy.:explode:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! My hubby just finished up Shoulders & Arms also!! You will see results, just keep at it! I personally have used the program since April of 2007. I have gone from doing a few pushups on my toes and NO pullups to doing at least 30 pushups a day and full pullups/ chinups, etc!! I love it! My hubby has lost 17# and gotten in incredible shape too!

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm a Team Beachbody coach and would be more than happy to help you!

Jess
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    did Legs and back today, I still am using the bungy thingys lol I have the max med and small bands hook tho, but the pull up bar is rated 300 lbs max and Im 318 so I dont want to try it yet

its was a decent workout, lol my 3 yr old interrupted me a bit but i stayed the course,

the Groucho march SUCKS and so do wall squats, those are awful

also the lunges where u stay on ur tippy toes for like 2.5 minutes :angry: ZOMG that hurts lol

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7538/121808028lf3.jpg

^Pic of my sexy calf :tongue: ^
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    Holy Cheese Balls!!

I lost 5.6 lbs this week!!
    thanks to MFP bc there were some places I was going that I thought was healthy for me but then after putting them in the system I realized they weren't

Im eating much healthier thanks to MFP and my buddy list too

WOOT I made Progress!!
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    any P90xers LOVE KENPO like I do?
    TY WESLEY IDLE!!:drinker:
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    whyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! do their have to be weekends????

I went to a party tonight for the championship games and boy i did bad

brownie
    popcorn
    hotdog
    fries
    Frito lays scoops
    I was their for 6 hrs and everyone around me was stuffing their face!!
    I did very tiny portions but dang I added it up 1365 calories is what I had!!!

I do so good during the week and fail on the weekends

oh well MONDAY is tomorrow and Im looking forward to it

even though on P90x is my recovery week I feel good and strong and ready to get at it but i will stick to the guide and recover
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    I guess Im motivating myself :S :ohwell:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    whyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! do their have to be weekends????

I went to a party tonight for the championship games and boy i did bad

brownie
    popcorn
    hotdog
    fries
    Frito lays scoops
    I was their for 6 hrs and everyone around me was stuffing their face!!
    I did very tiny portions but dang I added it up 1365 calories is what I had!!!

I do so good during the week and fail on the weekends

oh well MONDAY is tomorrow and Im looking forward to it

even though on P90x is my recovery week I feel good and strong and ready to get at it but i will stick to the guide and recover

Just say NO to junk food!!!! You really need to be careful at parties like that! Make sure to pack a protein bar or healthy snacks to be prepared for that! Here's my *smack on the hand* and get back to routine. You want to see results, you need to keep the eating as clean as possible.

Get ready for Phase 2!!!

Jess
  • Go_Duke
    Options
    still going strong, anyone still out there?