What do you do?

Options
I'm running my first 5k tomorrow morning and just wondered what all you MFPs do to get ready for the day/night before? :bigsmile:

Replies

• morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I don't know but your pic is awesome
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I lay out my outfit, including shoes, socks, undies, whatever I will have on my body. Plus I get all the stuff I will need for the race by my clothes. And then I make sure I have a bagel or something for the next morning (I like to eat a bagel with PB before a race)

And then I just chill. 5ks are super fun and a good distance, so don't stress about it too much.

Good luck!
  • cassieday
    cassieday Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Rest!!! Also, drink lots of water so that you are hydrated before. I would also take 2 ibuprofen about an hour before you run. That will lessen / prevent any swelling and pain while ya run. GOOD LUCK!
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    rest, stretch, very light dinner, drink lots of water, double check everything.
  • RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't know but your pic is awesome

lol Thank you!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm similar in making sure all my "gear" is picked out and ready to go the night before. Drink extra water the night before. Lots of sleep, as much as I can fit in really. Then up early, but not any earlier than needed. One 24 oz bottle of water while I'm getting ready and going. Luna Bar about 45 minutes before start time and no more than a cup of water within 45-30 min before start so I don't feel slushy. And only walking around. I avoid all the group stretches and everything cuz my muscles are sleepy and cold (physically, not temp-wise) and stretching cold muscles increases chance of tearing and actually being more sore. But I keep moving and walking around up until start time. When in the starting area, a few calf raises and shake the legs out.

Then go run and have an awesome time. 5Ks are short and sweet and will be over so fast you'll barely realize you were going. :D