If you absolutly must!

Options
2»

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Without picking a side on the locally-supplied/real food issue, I will say I tend to avoid chain family restaurants simply because I dislike trying to enjoy dinner and conversation in what amounts to a playground.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    This:
    i like trying new places all the time, so i don't normally hit up chain restaurants. and when i go i feast, mult apps, good wine, mult desserts and then back on track the next day.

And this:
    Why not find a locally owned restaurant that cooks REAL food and not some chain restaurant that brings in much processed foods to "reheat".

I don't plan on spending the rest of my life not enjoying the variety and quality of food available at great local restaurants and the good times with friends/loved ones that go along with those outings, so I don't do it now. I mostly cook at home, but the one or two times a month that the hubby and I do go out, for whatever reason, I enjoy that meal and time to the fullest. Then I'm back to my regular eating the next day. I spent a lot of months when I first started MFP not allowing this and it sucked, so I changed my outlook and have been a lot happier. :)
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Without picking a side on the locally-supplied/real food issue, I will say I tend to avoid chain family restaurants simply because I dislike trying to enjoy dinner and conversation in what amounts to a playground.

LOL