Whey protein shakes w/ berries? Help?

Options
I've got three containers of this whey protein, and I've heard they make good smoothies for breakfast, but what do I put in them?

I've got vanilla, chocolate, and fruit punch.

Any ideas? :ohwell:

Replies

• JesCrdr
    JesCrdr Posts: 28
    Options
    I've got three containers of this whey protein, and I've heard they make good smoothies for breakfast, but what do I put in them?

I've got vanilla, chocolate, and fruit punch.

Any ideas? :ohwell:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Chocolate w/banana & some raspberry yogurt

Vanilla with peaches or strawberries & yogurt

Fruit punch w/blueberries or blackberries & lemon yogurt

YUMMMMM!!!:drinker:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    omg I LOVE this stuff! :bigsmile: I do at least 1 protein drink a day just to make sure I get all my protein in! They are super great for breakfast or a mid-day snack!

low-fat milk (I do soy) and 1/2 chocolate 1/2 strawberry mixed together are great in the morning. I also like just a 1/2 to 1 scoop of the chocolate mixed in with my coffee in the morning. :tongue: You might have to add a little sweetener to taste. but it tastes like a mocha! mmmmm

also some lowfat milk or yogurt in the blender with some fruit of your choice and any flavor whey protien with some ice - great easy breakfast!

my new favorite is strawberry whey protein. I mix it in a big water bottle with a crystal light energy packet (also strawberry) for a mid-day pick-me-up!:bigsmile:
  • YASNY
    YASNY Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Take 1 cup or less of frozen berries (the mixed blend is the best). Add one scoop of your whey protein powder, add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of water, then a 6oz container of flavored low fat yogurt. (I switched this morning to plain with 6gm of sugar, most have 13gm and up.) Quickly blend in a blender (I use The Bullet) until you can see everything is mixed and drink right away.
    I like mine thick enough to eat like a shake, if you like to drink it add more water.
    This shake gives me the protein and carbs to keep me going most of the morning. It is very benefically if you are working out.
  • BigSylHall
    Options
    I use the Bio-Rhythm brand and use Almond Milk instead of fat-free milk, then I add ice and two scoops of powder. It gives me a pick-up !! I also use the Magic Bullet - an instant dose of protein without having to cook it !!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Protein drinks definetly taste better with soy milk. For breaky, through in a bit of oatmeal to thicken, but also it gives you a better start in the am to keep you full!:flowerforyou: