I need healthy and easy recipes! Please :)

Options
I am at a total loss on what to make for lunch and dinner now....

I need healthy, but also easy recipes... I'm a single mom, and I work full time, so I don't have much time to cook.

Please share your favorite recipe with me!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    check out this entire site: http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OOO...I just discovered www.eatbetteramerica.com Looks AWESOME....they have quick, easy and HEALTHY recipes ;-)
  • ibmental
    ibmental Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW.......Great site!!!!! Thank you!
  • michelle84k
    Options
    Ooohh awesome... thank you!! I'm checking out both websites right now! :)
  • anvacarz
    Options
    I'm making pita pizzas for my little one tonight! Just a whole wheat pita, spread tomato/spaghetti sauce or pesto (whatever you have), cheese and veggies. Bake until melted and crispy. Easy, easy dinner or weekend lunch! Get your child involved in "decorating" their pizza. It's a lot of fun!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Here is a something I like to make that is healthy and your kids will probably find really fun!!

Healthy Chicken Toquitos

Small corn tortillas (90 calories per 2!!)
    Chicken of beef - cooked, shredded and seasoned with mexican flavourings of your choice. You could make it ahead.
    Light cheese (optional)
    PAM

Cover a cookie sheet in tinfoil and spray lightly with PAM
    Microwave corn tortillas for about 1.5 minutes to soften (If you don't heat them enough they will crack while rolling)
    Place tortillas on sheet and spray lightly with PAM
    Place a small amount of cheese on each tortilla (Cheese first before meat prevents it from melting out the ends)
    Spoon meat into center of tortillas (you can vary the amount of meat depending how large you want them)
    Roll tortillas! Place flap down. (No need to fold ends)

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

I serve these with salsa and my boyfriend absolutely ADORES them! He requests them all the time. 2 chicken breasts makes about 12 toquitos. We have 2 for supper then I freeze the rest 2 per ziploc bag for lunches and quick meals!

Enjoy! :love:
  • cmiller1964
    Options
    Check out: http://www.hungry-girl.com/. And if you have The Cooking Channel on your cable tv, they have a lot of good, healthy cooking shows on that. You can check them out online, too, at: http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/.

Good luck! I know how difficult it is! :)
  • kivrinangel
    Options
    If you want "so simple it feels like cheating", then I have a couple for you. Each only takes a few minutes and you can make as many servings as you need, so it's good for just you or to give some to the kids (kids love these).

Pizza sandwich: You'll need a sandwich grill or a George Foreman type grill.
    Take a couple of pieces or bread and spread pizza sauce lightly over them. Seriously, just put enough to color the bread, it will be plenty to get the right taste. Sprinkle a few pieces of mozzerella cheese (light or low-fat if possible) and top with any veggies you'd normally like on a pizza. I use black olives. Spray some Pam cooking spray (the butter flavored is wonderful for this) on the grill and cook for about 2 minutes. I've weighed out all of the ingredients to get an accurate count with the black olives and it's about 125 calories per sandwich.

Chicken Quesadillas: Again you'll need a George Foreman type grill.
    Get a pack of fajita chicken in the refrigerated foods section. Take two flour tortillas. Lightly coat them with low-fat Mexican refried beans (also known as bean dip). Sprinkle some cheddar cheese (light or low-fat if possible). Sprinkle on the chicken. Add other veggies if you like them. Again, I use black olives, but I can see where onions, peppers, etc would be good. Put the two flour tortillas together like a sandwich and spray the outside with Pam cooking spray (also good with butter flavored). Put it onto the grill for 2-4 minutes or until it looks browned and tasty on the outside. Cut into fourths. Each fourth will be about 75 calories and if you can eat all 4 of them, you will be full to popping.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've tried many recipies on www.thegraciouspantry.com

Soooo good!!!:love:
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kiahpyr
    kiahpyr Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'll be trying these recipes out especially the mexican ones.
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Eat more veges :ohwell:

They don't need a whole lot of prep and some of them even taste pretty good.
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • michelle84k
    Options
    aahhh good ol' veggies.... I may be able to eat more, but i still need some other stuff to eat with the veggies, and also need to make the meal friendly for me and my 4 yr old :wink:
  • hfrost1978
    Options
    bump
  • Rosepower
    Rosepower Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angiebugpie
    angiebugpie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Here is a something I like to make that is healthy and your kids will probably find really fun!!

Healthy Chicken Toquitos

Small corn tortillas (90 calories per 2!!)
    Chicken of beef - cooked, shredded and seasoned with mexican flavourings of your choice. You could make it ahead.
    Light cheese (optional)
    PAM

Cover a cookie sheet in tinfoil and spray lightly with PAM
    Microwave corn tortillas for about 1.5 minutes to soften (If you don't heat them enough they will crack while rolling)
    Place tortillas on sheet and spray lightly with PAM
    Place a small amount of cheese on each tortilla (Cheese first before meat prevents it from melting out the ends)
    Spoon meat into center of tortillas (you can vary the amount of meat depending how large you want them)
    Roll tortillas! Place flap down. (No need to fold ends)

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

I serve these with salsa and my boyfriend absolutely ADORES them! He requests them all the time. 2 chicken breasts makes about 12 toquitos. We have 2 for supper then I freeze the rest 2 per ziploc bag for lunches and quick meals!

Enjoy! :love:
  • almondjoy127
    Options
    bump
  • gumigal82
    Options
    skinny crock pot has easy, yummy, and healthy recipes:)