Lifting weights BEFORE cardio or AFTER?

Options
2»

Replies

• 2_Up
    2_Up Posts: 50
    Options
    LIft first. Just be sure to do your warm ups with a lower amount of weight.
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hmmm, this is a really interesting topic

i think i know theory wise I should lift first and then do cardio (I am aiming for weight loss and toning) however I find that because my cardio right= now is the c25k , I'm worried if I lift first i'll be too tired to get through the 30 mins of pushing myself. Does anyone else find this?

Also, I've seen the advice to breakup weights and cardio to different days, but the reality is for me that I am pretty time poor and only tend to do a good committed workout 1 or 2 days on the weekend and maybe 2 days during the week after work (I simply cannot do it in the morning - it just won't happen!)

is it really that bad to do 30 minutes of cardio and then immediately follow with strength/weights and do this a few times a week?
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    That is a lot better than not doing it at all. Pay attention to what your body is telling so as to notice when you start over training. Also pay attention to your protein intake to facilitate the recovery process.
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That is a lot better than not doing it at all. Pay attention to what your body is telling so as to notice when you start over training. Also pay attention to your protein intake to facilitate the recovery process.

At the moment I'm finding it hard to get motivated to exercise regularly, so I don;t think there is a risk of over training, but that said, hopefully my motivation will increase soon, so can you tell me what happens when you over train and what the signals are?