Faaaaake

Options
I used to be a huge lover of Yoplait yogurt. Several months ago I started trying to eat cleaner and cut out processed stuff from my diet. This morning I went to grab groceries and Yoplait was on sale. I grabbed it, remembering how tasty it was, and had one with lunch.

It just plain tasted FAKE. No other way to describe it. It didn't taste like yogurt, or fruit, or anything recognizable. I couldn't even finish it...bleh.

Replies

• trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Agreed, most of those have artificial sweetners that take away from the great taste of yogurt. I love Brown Cow brand.....
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Have you tried any sort of Greek yogurt? I think you might like that better, especially fruit-at-the-bottom.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani Greek Yogurt. A lot of the cheaper yogurts are loaded with sugars, might as well eat full fat ice cream.
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yep totally agree! :) xx
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What is even worse is when you start looking at the labels on stuff, speaking of fake. I started just looking at ingredients...I don't want to eat half of the stuff I have in my fridge!
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    I used to love Yopliat...Expecially fruit on the bottom, but kinda blah anymore...... You should try Chobani. Has actual fruit and takes fabulous!! Especially the strawberry banana.
  • cc8088
    Options
    Dont eat yoplait!! Has way too much sugar! I personally love my yogurt and could never give it up! I gave up bread, pasta and sugar! Dont take away my yogurt! I absolutely love Activia!!!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Almost anything processed is like that to me now.

I have no idea why I was so addicted to the stuff for so long....
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0% Greek Yogurt w/fresh fruit :smile:
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Have you read any of the Eat Clean Diet books by Tosca Reno? LOVE them!!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Love me some fat free Yoplait. :) I put it in the freezer so it's sorta like ice cream, which I can't eat without turning my tummy upside down. I've tried greek yogurt and...well, ick. More left for you guys who like it. :)
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I usually buy my kids the Stonyfield Yogurt tubes. They love them! But, they didn't have any the last time I went shopping so I bought them Simply Gogurt...gross! They don't even like them! Fage is the best yogurt, IMHO.
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    funny Yoplait is the one I usually like the best
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I like Greek Gods..honey, cinnamon orange..something (it's a tan container). It's not low fat so they haven't processed it much. the ingredients are fairly basic.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Mmmm delicious way to start the day!
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I used to eat yoplait daily and now after eating greek yogurt (fage, chobani, oikos, etc.) yoplait tastes like I'm eating pure sugar. Still tasty, but not something I want to consume daily anymore.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods or Fage full fat plain Greek Yogurt are about the only yogurts I can eat.

I also like Mountain High, full fat cream lined plain yogurt, but I can't find it anymore since I moved away from our local Coop.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Sure it wasn't just off? I've had that before.

Although it is true things often aren't as good as we remember...with our rose-tinted..err...taste buds.
  • BunnyBearLove
    Options
    I myself also prefer the greek yogurts..I believe it is Chobani pineapple..yum~