Team Abnehmen October (Closed Group)

Options
Okay, here's our very own forum! Hopefully this will make things a bit easier than me messaging everyone or trying to follow walls.

So, we're about to enter October. We are kicking butt and taking names- I think we're in a very good position to win the trophy again next week! Everyone is doing so well. I hope you're all proud of yourselves, because I know that I'm proud of all of you. I'm also looking forward to getting to know everyone- I meant what I said about wanting to create a close knit *kitten* kicking machine. <3

But... back to business. This is the place for idle chit chat and Abnehmen related nonsense. We should make sure we're still interacting on the main NYBNY forum as well, though. There are only 24 (!) total people (when the teams are maxed out) in this challenge, and we want to make sure we taunt and harass...umm... I mean, support and motivate the other teams as well.

Kelie has volunteered to create us a team banner. I think that would be very cool- what does everyone else think?

And... one more thing. We only have seven members. Boo. We have room for eight, and I've had some nibbles, but in all honesty none of them have really been up to snuff. So if you know or can recommend someone who would fit nicely in with our little team let me know. We need fresh meat!

Replies

• shesblossoming
    Options
    Yay! So exciting! October is seriously going to be an awesome month for all of this. The challenges combined with my own personal challenge of completing 30 Day Shred will be awesome, and I hope to get down into the 280s by the end of October.

I have a friend on here looking to join a group, so I will ask and see what she thinks.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas! And I like having our own forum post too. Nice to keep it together. :heart:
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty pumped and excited too!! We are going to OWN October. One of my goals is to keep the trophy for the entire month. Think we can do that?

And Drunkwithwords, if your friend is half as cool as you she should be a great fit. :)
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I am vowing to make October ours! I think we can definitely keep the trophy throughout the month. The challenges for each day are awesome, and I think if I kick it up a bit more, I can try and burn close to a thousand calories a day. I'm just going to have to incorporate some work outs at work and quite honestly, I don't care if people see me doing planks at work.

And don't make me blush! I'm glad I found this team. It's giving me the inspiration everyday to kick even more butt.
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Yeah...planks are TOTALLY doable at work! Hahahaha, that's how I did yesterday's challenge.

We can totally do it!
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    Yeah...planks are TOTALLY doable at work! Hahahaha, that's how I did yesterday's challenge.

We can totally do it!

I did tricep chair dips in my office all day at work last week. The funny part is the front wall of my office is all glass, so people walking by can look in, but I don't really care :)
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    If nobody has any initial ideas, I'll just start playing around with a team banner.

Are we all female?

Also, does Abnehmen mean anything special? It's German word, I know that much.
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    What about this?
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    If it's too gruesome, let me know, haha.

Here is the code: banner.jpg
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I love Chiller font. Great job!
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Oh how awesome!!
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    I rather love that. Great job! Abnehmen is German for either lighten up or losing it, if I recall correctly
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Love the banner! Thanks!
  • jessingh84
    jessingh84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I think i'm in the right place! I love the banner, and I hope we win :)
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    Since it's October now, is anyone planning to wear a sexier costume this year, just because you can?
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Already have 30 lunges and 30 squats under my belt. I plan to have the complete challenge done before work is over so I can run errands and be home with my little man tonight.

As for Halloween costume, if an adult party pops up. I have a rather sexy teacher costume I'd like to wear. Otherwise I stick to my good ol' witch costume for trick or treating with my son. And for my Halloween Zumba-thon, I'm wearing a devil's tail, horns and a bow-tie with my workout stuff.
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    NO sexy Costume for me. I haven't lost as much as I would have liked. :-( I have to travel for work again tomorrow so it's really hard to be halthy while driving. I'm gonna try harder, but I will definitely kick my butt into gear for Wed and I will do my challenges right after class. Im beat though so I think I can only make it through the 25 of each before I pass out. Sorry. Anyway have a good night ladies
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Sent in the spreadsheet- Looks like we did really well last week! Great job, everyone! We just need to keep this momentum. If anyone has any ideas, or wants to start an in-group mini challenge, speak up! This is OUR month!!!

And I will not be doing the sexy this year. I much prefer scary- it tends to be warmer. ;)
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Wow today flew by. And I have some 860 calories left that I just don't feel like eating.

Haven't done a single plank due to being uber busy and today is Zumba so no strength training. After a long day at work then an hour long class of shaking my butt, I don't think I'll have the energy to get in a second workout after Jake's bedtime.

Tomorrow is my weight training class though so I will get it in, just not today. Booooo!

Oh well... I'm tired and I'm impressed that I'm not snoozing on my desk yet.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    The planks were not made of fun for me, but I still made it through them and my strength training. Don't forget- water, water and more water today- 100 ozs. Try a new fruit or veggie. And this is also the day for the 'fresh meal'- remember, that one can be done any day this week and still count, so don't feel too stressed if it can't happen tonight. :)

Also, spreadsheet is located at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjzDUgY1DM3ndFBja2FaU2YwT3ZSMnJibUlfTXJMZmc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Looks like we're still going strong!

And.... We have a new member, bringing us back up to 8. More details on that later. :)