working out alot

Options
Hello, I have a problem. Alot of friend and family think I over workout.. I feel great about what I do, and yes I am alittle obsessed about it. But there are worse things to be obsessed with right?? Here is an example of a week for me.
Monday-bootcamp-1 hour
tuesday-gym-eliptical and then a endurance workout with weights-90 minutes
wednesday-gym-cardio only 80 min.
thursday-Zumba -1 hour
Friday -Bootcamp-1 hour-maybe 30 more on eliptical
saturday-gym-cardio and endurance workout again-90 min.
sunday -rest
Not crazy right??

Replies

• conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week also, cardio and strength training...from 1 to 2 hours a day...seems fine to me! :tongue:
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Don't tell your family/friends how much you're working out. I don't think that's obsessive unless that is all you ever talk about.....
  • suse56
    Options
    Thanks, I needed some feedback!
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That doesn't seem too crazy to me....I wish I had the energy to workout that much, plus at least you are taking a rest day
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem over the top. But you could probably benefit from scaling back some of the cardio and replacing with strength training. Though not sure what Bootcamp is.. is that a weight training workout?
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    seems fine to me! My goal is at least 2 hours 5 days a week
  • suse56
    Options
    Well, one of the people is my husband, he knows how long I am gone to the gym.
  • suse56
    Options
    We do alot fo strength in boot camp, and my endurance workout with weights. Thanks
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    So funny you should mention that because just the other day my mom was telling me maybe I shouldn't be working out so much. Umm...excuse me? LOL She went from very kindly and politely giving me ideas on how to lose weight to this. LOL. I work out 6 days a week (sometimes 7, depending on how I feel), and try to do an hour each day. If it makes you feel good then I say continue doing it. I think people get weirded out when they see how important it is to us. I get SO cranky when I can't workout, or when my schedule is thrown off.

You're doing great!!!
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    And I thought I done well with the biggest loser 30min daily * one day off * and 10 min bke ride plus 10 min punch bag lol xx

WELL DONE!
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are working out to extremes. Most are just jealous you have that dedication... Good for you.
  • Meander061
    Options
    If I had more time I would do more of what you're doing, and I'm working out 4 days per week, and getting up to five.. If you're working out 6 days a week, then an hour each ought to be pretty good, but maybe "pretty good" isn't the result you want?
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem over the top. But you could probably benefit from scaling back some of the cardio and replacing with strength training. Though not sure what Bootcamp is.. is that a weight training workout?

I consider bootcamp weight training even though you are not lifting traditional weights. My husband did the class for the first time Wednesday and I think he agrees (As he limps around because he is so sore :laugh: )
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I do various activities for about an hour every day...most days it includes cardio and strength. I don't think it's too much at all.
  • DancezChick
    Options
    Thats doesnt sound crazy at all!!! It sounds like your doing an awesome job!!!! :drinker:
    It may seem that way to them since you havent done it before but your regimen seems awesome! Keep going, and congrats :flowerforyou:
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    That looks good to me. my goal is 45 minutes to an hour 5 times a week... I feel better when I work out and it keeps me happy. Those that are giving you crap are just jealous because they aren't going to look as good as you!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Well, one of the people is my husband, he knows how long I am gone to the gym.

Would it be easier on him if you told him you were having a wild, sweaty affair [with the gym]?
  • lemieux135
    Options
    I do the same - between 60 and 90 minutes per day with a rest (walking the dog doesn't count ) on Sundays. Two of my days are swimming for 60 minutes, three are strength training 60 mins and cardio 30 mins, one is bootcamp followed by 30 mins extra cardio. If something starts to hurt or I feel extra tired then I take 2 to 3 days off. As long as you feel fine and are not injured - then keep going.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was expecting to see 4-6 hours of exercise a day, lol. I'd hardly call this excessive or obsessive. I do agree with the earlier poster who suggested replacing some cardio with strength training, but overall, it looks great. You need to take that time to keep yourself feeling great, and it doesn't seem like you're working out to the setriment of other responsibilities. I sympathize though, people say similar things about me, and my schedule is similar to yours most of the time. Honestly, I used to think the same way back in my fat and lazy days (and no, I'm not calling your friends and family that, lol). I didn't "get" how people could spend an hour or 2 working out, so maybe they just don't get it either. Hang in there, and know that you're doing great! Good luck!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I understand your husband knows that you are going to the gym, but I also know many people who are at the gym for 2 hours and they are talking for about 1 1/2 hours of the time and not working out. Are they jealous?