Options
I have entered in my first ever 5K and last night inthe mail I got my bib and chip!!!! I am so excited. When I signed up I was so scared that I would not be able to do it, or I'd chicken out, but now I am just plain excited!!!

Anybody else wanna join? It's taking place in Golden Gate Park on Superbowl Sunday, February 1. It's hosted by Kaiser Permanente.

Anybody in the Bay Area wanna join in?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have entered in my first ever 5K and last night inthe mail I got my bib and chip!!!! I am so excited. When I signed up I was so scared that I would not be able to do it, or I'd chicken out, but now I am just plain excited!!!

Anybody else wanna join? It's taking place in Golden Gate Park on Superbowl Sunday, February 1. It's hosted by Kaiser Permanente.

Anybody in the Bay Area wanna join in?
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I run an 8k every summer and LOVE it. I think I am going to add a 10k in for September this year.
    You will have a blast doing this. I loved getting my bib too - and putting it on! :happy:
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Good luck on your race. I remember when I signed up for my first race, how scared yet excited I was. I've done a few more since then (and even did a 10k and 1/2) but injured my MCL and am just now getting back into running. I signed up for the Davis Stampede 5k on Feb. 8 which will be my 2nd race this season. I want to be able to do the Cow Town 1/2 again (in Sacramento) in October.

My only advice to you is to go out and have fun! Don't worry about your time or if you have to walk a little bit. Just use this race as a gauge for your next one:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!