skateboarders - DH, slalom, pools, bowl, vert, street...

Options
Hi,

any skaters here? I started skating 1.5 years ago, vert, then found out about Bowls. Last year I taught myself how to flow through bowls and the addiction to bowls and pools has really developed.

Still interested in figuring out how to ollie so I can do some fun box tricks.

Been to allot of skate parks, and skating in the streets of NYC was the best feeling on the way to Chelsea Piers skatepark. Sick! Skating is the best exercise and so fun! Can't beliive I discovered it as an adult. Fun, fun, fun and what a burn!

Replies

• Jelleebean
    Options
    In my head, i'm better than Tony Hawk... in reality, i'm a speedbump waiting to happen, and know better than to get on one. i have the coordination of a newborn puppy... all wobbles and wiggles...
    more power to you for discovering and makin it work though *high5*
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    we've been through this before :) but i'm mainly street. skating for about 3 years, started as a way to get out of a slump of depression and get to class on time (lsu is a HUGE campus) i know how to ollie, i need to work up the nerve to start venturing into bowls..thinking of investing in a long board as well and yes, it keeps you tight LOL
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I love Skateboarding. I started in High School skating around the streets in the middle of the night in my small hometown circa the year 2000. To this day I continue to scoot around town on a skate or longboard with my husband. It keeps me feeling young.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    cool, nice to meet ya all. Today I went to the skatepark to putz around the bowl. The dog bite really hurt and it was painful, but good to stretch out the calf muscle. The largest puncture wound started bleeding.

Carving is something I'm working on in the pockets. We have some nice bowls in my park, but no big pool. I love skating pools, but the closest skatable pool is at a park 2.25 hours away from me, one way. I am also working on my frontside kickturns, as they are scarey to me.

I ride a 10X30 santa cruz retro board with a Meeks graphic, some grab rails, and some Perralta remake old school wheels. I love the bowl board. I can handle the carving much better and the hollow lites Thunder trucks on the setup is amazing. Today I suceeded in doing a rock to fakee in the 4ft section. I'm hoping to get the guts up to take it to 6ft in the big bowl.

Anyone else talk skate?
  • Alejandro96
    Options
    I Longboard dh
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    so, a bunch of new cement parks opened up, and I am so in love with pools right now. This weekend is a downhill slalom event. Sometimes it scares me if we have a tailwind.

Skateboarding = <3