What can i do with ground turkey?

raisingbabyk
raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
edited October 3 in Recipes
Looking for some low cal recipes using ground turkey

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Me too! I would love some suggestions ;)
  • I use it in anything that I use to use ground beef. Chili, spaghetti, meatloaf, meatballs
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 577 Member
    Anything you would use ground beef for! :smile:
  • Staceyblewin
    Staceyblewin Posts: 96 Member
    I use it for Tacos.. mmmm!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    TACOS!!!:bigsmile:
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Turkey Enchiladas!
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=95071

This is my favorite non traditional chili recipe. Try it - very yummy.
  • turkey burgers, meatloaf, taco salad, chili, meatballs.....anything you do with hamburger. I like the taco salad...lettuce, tomato, italian dressing, ground turkey and a little salsa on top! Very low cal!
  • Throw some feta cheese in it and make turkey burgers! Sooo yummy with an avacado on them!
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    anything that cals for ground beef! I also use a little bit in scrambled eggs with veggies too
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member

I use it to replace anything I can make with ground beef. Burgers, meat sauces, tacos, taco salads, chili, etc. :)
  • I do the same as everyone else and sub for hamburger, but here is one of my favorites. It's a Weight Watchers recipe that is basically a deconstructed cabbage roll. Even better on day two! I recommend giving food.com a search for great recipes!

http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-cabbage-casserole-weight-watchers-291900
  • turkey burgers, meatloaf, taco salad, chili, meatballs.....anything you do with hamburger. I like the taco salad...lettuce, tomato, italian dressing, ground turkey and a little salsa on top! Very low cal!

I agree. I like to make Stuffed bell pepper . But I dont put rice in mine tho.
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 90 Member
    One of my favorites is stuffed peppers.

Cut the tops off the peppers and cook them in the oven at about 350 until (about 10 mins)
    Cook the ground turkey in a skillet.
    Cook up brown rice per directions.
    Take a few fresh tomatoes (or canned for ease) and heat them in a sauce pan until they are mushy. Add some white onion, the turkey, brown rice, chili powder, paprika and salt to taste.

Fill the peppers with this mixture. It takes about 20 minutes total and I find it to be delicious.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    Make spaghetti. I use whole wheat spaghetti and Prego.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    I like to cook mine before I eat it.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Turkey burger with cranberry chutney or cranberry sauce instead of ketchup, with your favourite crispy greens on a whole wheat bun.

Turkey meatloaf is excellent.

Turkey spaghetti sauce is pretty good too, and you can get very low fat, high in fibre, with tons of flavour!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Anything you use Ground Beef for, you use ground turkey...if you want it as a burger, spice it up really good!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    This is a great recipe:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-bean-turkey-chili/detail.aspx

I modify it with additional spices,beans and veggies my family likes. Versatile and filling.
  • Stuffed peppers...yes!! Love that!! Also mix with spagetti squash and tomato sauce! Or zucchini and tomato sauce...yum!!!
This discussion has been closed.