Fast Food Go To Meal

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Yeah watch out for the sodium in Chipotle's salsas. That's an easy route to hypertension right thurrrr

That's not true. Sodium is a consideration if you ALREADY have hypertension, but it does not cause it.
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    a good choice if you end up at sonic is their grilled chicken sandwich on wheat bread and a side of apple slices
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Wait, consuming too much sodium doesn't aid in high blood pressure?

Edit: Because really, I was just saying that there salsas have alot of sodium. I am not claiming to be a doctor that has discovered that yes, high sodium intake WILL cause hypertension. I was kind of being silly on that second part of my OP :sad:
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm not much on fast food these days, but when I have no choice, I always go with:

1) A grilled chicken sandwich with no sauce/mayo plus lettuce and tomato. I usually take half the bun off and the tomato keeps the sandwich from being too dry to eat.

2) If they have a low fat/low cal dressing, I get salad with a lean protein, minus the cheese.

Do they have Zaxby's up your way? If so, their grilled chicken salads are good and the calories aren't bad if you get them minus the fried onions/toast and use the light vinaigrette dressing. You could say "no cheese" and save a few more calories too.

Chipotle is a great option too. If I have the calories, I get the burrito bowl with 1/2 the rice, steak (same calories as chicken there), lots of lettuce, corn salsa, green tomatillo Salsa, and a tiny sprinkle of cheese. If I get take out from Chipotle, I add my own light sour cream at home.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm not much on fast food these days, but when I have no choice, I always go with:

1) A grilled chicken sandwich with no sauce/mayo plus lettuce and tomato. I usually take half the bun off and the tomato keeps the sandwich from being too dry to eat.

2) If they have a low fat/low cal dressing, I get salad with a lean protein, minus the cheese.

Do they have Zaxby's up your way? If so, their grilled chicken salads are good and the calories aren't bad if you get them minus the fried onions/toast and use the light vinaigrette dressing. You could say "no cheese" and save a few more calories too.

Chipotle is a great option too. If I have the calories, I get the burrito bowl with 1/2 the rice, steak (same calories as chicken there), lots of lettuce, corn salsa, green tomatillo Salsa, and a tiny sprinkle of cheese. If I get take out from Chipotle, I add my own light sour cream at home.

No we don't have Zaxby's here but your other ideas are great. My dad lives in Tennessee and I saw first time fried onions on salad. We don't have that up here nor do they put okra and cole slaw on the table like it was crackers and biscuits, which is a shame cause I love me some fried okra.
    Chipotle's is the Barbocoa burrito. Kills me every time. But I do split it into two meals.