Negative Net

Options
philsy1
philsy1 Posts: 104 Member
I've had an odd sort of day. I got up late, skipped breakfast, had a light lunch and then hit the eliptical. After logging into MFP I saw that the combination stood at -340 cals for the day thus far. I've been "negative" before so this wasn't a real surprise or any thing, but it got me to thinking. It seems quite possible to reach a negative of a thousand or more (all suitable disclaimers in effect) Has anyone out there had numbers like that? Please, this is for the playful types; health hawks can find another post, surely.:noway:

Replies

• mother_war
    Options
    i think it's real easy to do- especially based on whatever you're eating. or if you're around someone who isn't trying to watch what they are eating. i'm sure i've done that before attempting mfp- and i've only been on here for about a week. if anyone "gives you hell," about it, kindly refer them to me- it's been a while since i've verbally massacred someone.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I came pretty close the other night, i did a 13.1 mile training session last sunday night before dinner.

I logged hrm calories of 1465 put me to -700 calories!!!

tomorrow is the main event so I'll be logging similar calorie burn
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I did once when I was sick...then I made myself drink one of my son's Pediasures and ate a banana.
    Oh and you're gonna catch a lot of drama from the Food Police just for posting this. . "That's not healthy, you probably should check with your doctor!"
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I did once when I was sick...then I made myself drink one of my son's Pediasures and ate a banana.
    Oh and you're gonna catch a lot of drama from the Food Police just for posting this. . "That's not healthy, you probably should check with your doctor!"

Me! Me! I'll be a calorie cop! "That's not healthy, you probably should check with your doctor!"
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's possible. I've accumulated thousands of negative calories at one point in time. Consistently. It was fun even after recognizing it as a problem. Then, when the physical and mental aftermath manifested, I stopped. But, yes, it's extremely possible. The most negative calories I've accumulated were around 2000.
  • angiecraine
    Options
    I do that EVERY week day. I try to keep my breakfast under 200 cals because I am very particular about having afternoon snacks ;) I workout Monday through Friday and my goal burn is 600 calories. So, most days, after my workout, I'm negative 400. It doesn't really matter at that instant, but it def shouldn't be like that after you've finished logging for the day. But, man, if you ate a small breakfast, then did a workout, and then another BEFORE lunch you'd def be able to hit -1,000!!! Hmm, something to aim for?? ;)
  • harmonysdream
    harmonysdream Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    nevermind. I misread lol
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I think I probably did this often when I was a fat and lazy f***er, before fitness was ever a consideration in my life.