Which do I listen to?

Options
OK, my calorie count says that I haven't had enough calories, but my body says that I am not hungry. Which do I listen to?

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    When I had that problem I would eat things like nuts or greek yogurt early on in the day. They tend to be high in calories but you don't have to eat a lot.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I say listen to your body, it knows best! (just make sure you're not under in calories all the time; once in a while won't hurt)
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Are you able to eat a snack? You want to atleast get to the 1200 mark so your body doesn't think it is starving. I've gone that route and if you are moderately under 1200 most people gain some weight or maintain. You have to be drastically under that amount to love and then you are basically starving yourself. Maybe you could have a yogurt, or a protein shake to fill in the holes. :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    You can fill in cals with carrots, bananas, apples...any fruit or veggie is what I do! :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories. If your body is used to not getting enough calories it won't tell you your hungry, even if you are. Your body adjusts to what you do to it. Overeat a lot, and your body will always tell you it's time to eat. Under eat a lot, and your body will stop telling you when it's hungry, because it knows the food isn't coming anyway. I've found that "listening to the body" is really a terrible way to go about things, as most people who are here trying to lose weight became overweight by "listening to their bodies."

Like any other activity, the body needs to be properly trained when it comes to eating. It's no different than training your muscles the movements to play a sport, or your brain to remember how to add 2+2.