Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tabata Sequence Training

Has anyone done this type of training?? I just started with it and it is really hard but seems effective. Let me know if you are or have tried this and how it worked.

Thanks..................... JOJO

11459367.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Yes, sort of. I do a lot of bodyrock exercises, which are based on the tabata protocol. Pushing max effort for about 30 seconds, taking 10 seconds rest, then doing a different exercise for the next 30 seconds, max effort, yeah?

Something like that I hope is what tabata is, the woman that creates the exercises has mentioned that word numerous times.

I really enjoy it, it is fast paced, gets my heart rate up very quickly, and I really enjoy pushing myself to my limit for just those few minutes. It feels like a lifetime then the buzzer goes off and I am done!

During the time where I was really into it, my eating habits were terrible. I saw more reps per exercise improvement but I didn't lose any weight nor did I get 'cut' or anything nice like that. Now that I have my eating on track much better, I am hopeful to start some of her training again soon once I can get to a gym with some wide open space and a few kettlebells/balls for me to play around with.
  • YES>>> I use this all the time - Excellent!
    Started out with squats (20 sec on , 10 off) for 8 sets, then moved to Biceps and Shoulders. Now I try to use the timing for all areas I may be struggling with. It burns :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Tabata is the bomb! I attribute a good part of my fitness to Tabata method and FORCE my clients to do it because most of the time they wouldn't do it on their own.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    I do this all the time as well. Picked it up from boot camp and now take my friends out for tabata sessions

I do 8 different exercises with the 8 sets each exercise.

I either do a cardio session burpees, high knees, quick sprints or a weights one, kettle bell, bicep curls etc

It's the most time efficient work out I have ever done.