Im going through a terrible break up

Options
2»

Replies

• dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Use your hurt and anger as a motivator! That's what I did when my fiance (also the father of my daughter) and I split up in June. I realized that first and foremost, I needed to get healthy. Being in or out of a relationship doesn't change how important your health is. So go to the gym and sweat out all the negativity and know that it gets better. Good luck! :)
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Someone BETTER is out there, don't waste time on the man you think he is. Been there, done that, I cried for six months, my life fell apart, almost lost everything, I mean everything! So dumb, I was mourning the loss of who I thought he was and he was total LOSER. I married a hot guy and have the best life. But if I wouldn't have ever found anyone I still would have been way ahead alone. Take this time to improve yourself physically, spiritually, change things up, don't put pressure on yourself to find someone new. Live, love yourself, and laugh! Things will fall into place. Hope you have lots of friends to support you. That was one thing I didn't have and that made things hard.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Show him how much he has lost out by continuing on to become the best that you can be. You don't need him to define you and you don't need to give him any power over how you feel about yourself. You are worth it and you will come out of this really tough time a stronger, happier and healthier person.

Hugs!

I agree 100%. Get yourself in shape and be the best you can be.
  • Meli_fitness
    Options
    Thank you all so very much, this is hard.. this is really bad! but I have to work out, if I dont I will go crazy, everytime I work out I feel so much better about everything! I really appreciate all of you taking the time to give me support! I feel so much better! I will take yalls advice.. I will become a hottie :)
  • corona304
    Options
    See it in a different way, you lost over a 100 lbs breaking up with him. A long time ago when I broke up with my boyfriend about 25 years ago because he was cheating. I started jogging crying the whole way. I eventually able to run marathons and how I met my husband of 23 years. Recently guess who found me? Yep, the ex. He wants me back. It was great feeling to tell him I am happily married to Mr. Right. All this said to say, cry your tears but continue to look to the future. Don't know what is around the corner but I bet it could be fun to find out.
  • submissivelyserving
    Options
    learn from this past relationship so that if you see it in your future relationships you won't invest months and years into them. you'll thank him later for teaching you what to look for. my ex often tells my mom (he is still in contact with my family) how i was the sweetest girl he ever dated. i was devasted when we (he) broke up with me. it felt like my heart was actually aching (i promise to this day i remember having chest pains). i later i met my husband (29 years and counting) on the phone. i dialed the wrong number (just happened to be the RIGHT number for me) and we talked on the phone for 6months or longer before my mom (very strict mom) would even let him come over. we dated for about a year before he asked me to marry him. HE IS A GOD SENT, CHRISTIAN MAN. So different than what i had or even expected. A minister that loves God and loves wife and family (in that order and he never, never, never, never lets me forget it). But i tell my ex (whenever i'm at my mom's house and he just happens to call) or tell my mom to tell him , thanks for the lessons. i love you for what you taught me because you taught me what to look for. LEARN THE LESSON AND DON'T REPEAT IT.
  • NicRiv26
    NicRiv26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    From going thru something very smilar, this is what worked for me.

My hurt turned into anger, which helped alot. I was being strung along as well. I got the feeling that he thought I could not do better. Which made me so angry. So I use that anger to better my self. I told myself that I can do better. Usethe to anger to work out harder. I used that anger to eat healthier. And you know what I lost the weight alright and I looked good. Went an bought a new wardrobe and started dating. I fun , also learned alot of thnings about myself. Like what man I really wanted in my life, I figured out he was a zero. I got my hero now!!!

Good Luck!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    First of all I'm sorry that you have to go through this. I don't know how old you are but from my experience everything happens for a reason. I am 41 years old and have been happily married for the last 5 1/2 years. We have a 2 1/2 year old son. So the reason that I'm answering you is, and I'll try not to be to wordy, is about 7 years ago I was dating a guy and I found out that while we were dating he was living with someone else. OK some history - we had dated for 5 years and lived together for 1 year when he decided to go back to school to be a police office, anyway after he finished school he got a job about 1 1/2 away and we dated long distance for about 1 year going back and forth on weekends or when ever we could. He was still saying " Are you going to marry me" the whole time. But if I said are you asking he'd say no. Hence the stringing me along. Durning our last conversation he asked me what it was I wanted and I said I want some one to come riding up on that white horse and save me. He said well that does not exist. I said oh yea it does. I had to believe it did. And I have to say it does. I had to wait and I also had to learn to live my life for me but I found it and so will you. He is out there. Don't give up

Now for my advice on how to deal with this. Now is the time to look at yourself and your life and decide what YOU want. I wrote notebooks full after that breakup I wrote down everything I wanted to say to him but didn't, I never sent or showed those to anyone they were just full of my heartache and rants. I also wrote down everything that I wanted in a guy and I didn't settle until I found him. Not kidding, Ok so he doesn't have his ear pierced or ride a motorcycle, but everything else is there. After that was done and I finished crying daily for about 3 weeks- not kidding here either- I still remember when I finally smiled for the first time after that and it took 2 1/2 weeks. I stepped out of my old ways I took a pottery class, a knitting class and a photography class. I went for bike rides and walks and basically said this is MY LIFE and I will make it what I want. So find that place, do things for you and find out who you are. Keep working out, you weren't doing it for him were you? A good man is attracted to a women who can stand on her own. Good luck and remember a door doesn't close without a window opening, this happened for a reason and something or someone better is waiting for you.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Breakups hurt like hell!! right now the pain is fresh and still hurts but over time you will heal. you will eventually learn to say **** that dude lol. Give yourself a weekend to let it all out and then focus on doing you.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    We broke up after being together 3 years and this happened 2 months ago, and hes been stringing me along, I just found out he is with someone else... how did you find the courage to continue working out with your heart ripped out? tell me your personal experiences? knowing im not the only one who has been thru this will definatelly help me feel better :(

Get a punching bag. Put his picture on it. Go to town.
  • 666john666
    Options
    HI IM JOHN ADD ME LOL